BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Can someone tell me what's up with all the EAS tests. There've been 7 of them in the last 24 hrs; That I know of. And 5 of those have been done in the last 3-5 hrs. What is that all about?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: EAS?
locomanjim
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am in DC reagon/Northern Virginia and for the last 3 nights straight I have gotten the EAS test. once a week i can deal with but 3 nights in a row and last night was the worst i woke me at about 3am the other were around 11pm. Please get this fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. That was not a problem with your equipment. Many others reported the same issue while watching the basketball game. This should be taken care of now. If you are still receiving these, I need you to send me a private message.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I had another one happen again this morning, Does that count? How do I send a private message If I need to?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BigggFuzzyG,

You can PM Anthony_VZ by clicking on his name on his post.  On the right hand side of the screen you will see a link to "send this user a Private Message"

0 Likes
EAS Constantly Activating
storch1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Three nights ago the EAS test screen and warning siren went off 10 times on all of our TV's - about every 20 minutes or so.

It has continuted to go off at least once a day (last night at 1:27 am while I was up late).

This can't be the way it is designed - is it something to do with my system?

0 Likes
storch1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happened to me 10 times on Tuesday night - and again last night at least once. Customer Support blamed the government...

I hope Anthony can help!

0 Likes
locomanjim
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am in DC reagon/Northern Virginia and for the last 3 nights straight I have gotten the EAS test. once a week i can deal with but 3 nights in a row and last night was the worst i woke me at about 3am the other were around 11pm. Please get this fixed.
0 Likes
Alisongoldfrapp
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not Verizon's responsibility to violate the law.

0 Likes
Re: EAS Constantly Activating
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Storch1,

EAS testing is not controlled by any company.  They are regulated by the FCC.  If they schedule the testing that is when the testing is done.  We are researching this issue for your area to see if there is a problem. We will continue to update you.  Thanks Tonya D

0 Likes
Re: EAS Constantly Activating
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

There was video configuring EAS testing for the equipment maintenance on 5/10, 5/11 and 5/12 during the maintenance window.  On 5/10 EAS testing ran 10 times. We do apologize for any inconvenience.  Thanks Tonya D.

0 Likes