Equipment rental fees, I have two boxes one a DVR, why three rental fees?
HokieAnnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

The old CRT TV in the bedroom died and I replace it with a new LCD HD one.  That necessitated swaping out the old SD box for a new HD one.  The website was confusing so I gave up and went to the Verizon Experience Store to return the old SD box for an HD box,  Should be a simple one-for-one swap right? 

The annoything thing now is the rental fees I'm being charged:

Additional Services & Equipment
Services
DVR Service
Equipment
(Rent): 2 TV Equipment Package
(Rent): Digital Adapter

I only have three pieces of equipment there --a DVR box for the Den TV, a box for one bedroom and an adapter for another bedroom tiny TV.  So why Four fees for THREE pieces of equipment.  HUH?

Previously I was only charged for the adapter, 1 SD Box and 1 DVR. Why am I being charged two rental fees for ONE piece of equipment?

0 Likes
Re: Equipment rental fees, I have two boxes one a DVR, why three rental fees?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks correct. The DVR charge of $12 is in additional to the per room charges of $19.98 (two rooms).

Under the new scheme it a charge for the number or rooms (stb) you have plus

$11 for one of the stb being a DVR (non-multi room)

$12 for one of the STB being a MR-DVR

$22 for one of the STB being a QUANTUM VMS box

$32 for two of the STB being a QUANTUM VMS box

0 Likes
HokieAnnie
Enthusiast - Level 2

It might be Verizon's new scheme but no it's not logical.  Kinda remnds me of my childhood when Ma Bell charged extra to rent a princess phone and extra for touch tone vs. rotary 🙂

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A DVR is of course more expensive then a regular STB so they have to charge something more for it.  You may feel $12 more is too much, but its somewhat average for the industry.

0 Likes