error message AE5 in cable box?
dnick

Cable went out on oll three tv's, there's a message on a black screen that says 'if you want to watch Verizon Fios, press menu, otherwise turn off TV.', but when we press 'menu' on the verizon remotes, this appears on the cable box where the channel selectionhad been: AE5. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: error message AE5 in cable box?
mbudwey

I'm seeing the same thing.  While watching TV, picture and sound died and all boxes showed AE5, came back briefly after several minutes, then went back to AE5.  After 10 minutes or so, I tried unplugging the power cord, then re-plugging.  The box went through its diags, then came up with a display of "----" with picture and sound that appeared to be channel 2.  I then tried hitting the channel up button and the box turned off.  I hit the power button and it comes back on with display "----" with no picture or sound.

I tried the same process with the DVR box (power cycle, etc.).  When I hit the power button now, it just shows a logo on the screen with the message "Starting Up... One Moment Please."  This message remains many, many moments later.

So Verizon, can you tell us what's going on here?

0 Likes