eSata for Quantum?
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I see where there was a new update for Quantum.  Is eSata support available yet?  I am averse to going backwards in terms of capacity.

I switched away from Verizon last fall because of the whole thing with the SEC network.  Well, Verizon has picked up that network and the cable provider has an unacceptably poor quality of internet service.

(Were it not going to cost a fortune to do so, I would consider Verizon for internet+phone and cable for the TV package, but both providers make that a prohibitively expensive option.)

The one thing that's a deal killer is that I have the 6-channel DVR with 2 TB of space now.  To get that from Verizon costs an extra $25/month (10 for the service, 15 for the second DVR).  I don't care about recording 12 channels - I just want the higher capacity and I bought a Verizon-recommended eSata drive for my old 2-channel Verizon DVR.  What I am hoping is that Verizon will now allow me to use that drive with Quantum.

0 Likes
Re: eSata for Quantum?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

eSata is not supported.  And when asked, at least some months ago, they said they had no plans to add eSata support.

The quantum boxes only have 1tb of space.

At least in most areas its

$22 additiona for one Quantum VMS box (also charged for number of rooms including the one the VMS is in)

or $32 for two Quantum VMS boxes (giving you 2TB total)

0 Likes
Re: Why Does FIOS Quantum Offer Less than Comcast Xfinity?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My experience is that the latest release has greatly reduced (if not eliminated) the remote lag.

Wasn't aware that Xfinity would allow you to download content from the DVR to an external hard drive or computer via eSATA. I had only heard Tivo had that option.

Yes Xfinity does support viewing of content from your DVR, it does require cloud access. I have seen some comments about access speed because of this. But I have no first hand knowledge as I don't know anyone who uses it.

Would beintersted in hearing from someone who has first hand knowledge.

0 Likes