Every Channel Shows "Channel not available.....call 1-866".....etc....On One Box Only
mesocyc1

I have a home media dvr box and a hd box......The dvr box works fine, but the hd box gives me a black screen of death saying channel not available and says to call with my box address...etc......tried support, both automated and live person and that involved rebooting and stuff that did nothing to help.....The last thing I was asked to do was to look at the signal strength and the box had a poor snr signal....all connections in the house have been checked to make sure they are secure.......they are sending someone out a couple of days of course warning of possible fees........any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Every Channel Shows "Channel not available.....call 1-866".....etc....On One Box Only
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Did you check that one coax cable run at both the STB And also at the wall plate ?

if there is no wall plate, did you follow the cable to the room it goes too and check the end there too ?  (by check the end I mean physically disconnect it, and then re-connect it)

it's likely a wire issue, that wire is either bad, or the splitter that it is going into is bad in general,  they will have to replace some kinda wire there,   those are very cheap wires, I normally do my own, but if you have him coming out, I have not seen them charge for something like that.  but double check with the tech that comes out.  you don't want a surprise bill.   I would definetly watch what he does though, and talk to him,   you don't want to have to wait around 4-8 hours everytime that happens, when you can buy the cable for 4 bux and then connect a wire yourself.

0 Likes
Re: Every Channel Shows "Channel not available.....call 1-866".....etc....On One Box Only
kivijohns

I have the same problem. After reading your post I have reconnected the cable and it worked.

I know that the signal strength is very good because it was measured recently, so the only possible

problem left is the cable connection.

Thank you for the idea. I thought that this is the box problem and was going to call techsupport next week.

Now there is no need for that.

0 Likes
kivijohns

Well... It did not work.

I am back with the same message on the screen. When recording is on I can not change the channels.

And if no recording I can not switch to the next channel but I can switch to the after next channel.

It looks like the second tuner is broken. Nedd to call the techsupposrt next week.

0 Likes