External drive on Cisco DVR
cfkozel

I have 2 Fios accounts, one in NY with a Motorola DVR and one in VA with a Cisco DVR.  I understand the problem of moving an external drive from one DVR to another.  I've been having issues with the cisco that I have not seen with the motorola.

Recently on the Cisco, new recordings were being sent to the internal drive while the external drive was attached and working. I tried ejecting and reconnecting but that did not fix it.  I tried resarting the DVR and that did not fix it.

I attached a new blank drive and the DVR recognized it and formatted it. Recording were sent to the new external drive.  I ejected it and reattached the old external drive.  The DVR recognized it and did NOT request to format it.  The content of the drive appeared as expected but the capacity shows as empty.  Nothing on the external drive would play.

Is it a limitation of the cisco or all dvrs that you apparently cannot have multiple external drives, attached one at a time on a single DVR?  Is this documented anywhere?

I ultimately used the settings menu to format the old drive.  I lost all of the external content but it is now working again with one exception.  There is a show that was on the external drive still showing up in the directory of content. You cannot access it or delete it.  I assume it is a failure of the software to correctly manage directory content. Anyone addressing these issues?

0 Likes