External HD Freezes when it gets to "Accept" stage
daddytorgo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Attaching an external HD to my DVR (which has the capability for external storage). 1TB drive, so it's not too big. I attach it, I do the "Enable storage" steps. Once the set-top box reboots it pops up a little message saying that an unrecognized HD is attached and asking me to "Accept" or "Reject" using it. Only problem is that I can't "Accept" it because it seems like the remote (and the buttons on the set-top box itself) are totally frozen at that point. What can I do?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: External HD Freezes when it gets to "Accept" stage
daddytorgo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Got it! Apparently it should not have had a partition on the HD. All recognized and ready to go!! Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the cable boxes on verizon's network are very data centric, meaning they need ip addresses to do a lot of things, and so they act a little like pc's when they mess up.    So my advice is to reboot the router first (on/off switch - turn off for 5-10 sec and turn back on)  Then come back to your dvr unit and click menu>settings>customer support>in home agent > set top box auto correct.

after it auto corrects - try the esata again, and if it fails AGAIN after all that, then reach out to chat support or call VZ at 1-800-VERIZON  they may have a trick up their sleeve I haven't heard of, or they can reboot it with a different type of command.  

0 Likes
daddytorgo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well that definitely worked as far as making me able to select "accept" or "reject." Selected "Accept" so now let's see if it ends up getting incorporated. Still not showing up as free space under "recorder status" on the DVR, but I've read that sometimes that takes a while, so I'll hold my breath. Should the HD have had a partition on it, or should it have been totally unpartitioned? I wonder if the partition taking up all the space is why it didn''t show up at all. Thanks for your help Hubrisnxs - nice nickname too.
0 Likes
daddytorgo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Got it! Apparently it should not have had a partition on the HD. All recognized and ready to go!! Thanks for your help!
0 Likes