EyeTV recording open thread
AppleTV1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know how many of you use EyeTV software to record live TV but if you do, I could use your help.

I just started my Fios TV service and that caused me to loose the ability to use my EyeTV Hybrid to record shows on my Mac. Why not switch to a Verizon DVR? Well, because all my movies and TV shows are in iTunes and stream to my TV via an Apple TV. I'd like to keep it that way.

If you have found a good way to use an Elgato EyeTV Hybrid or HD, would you kindly share how you set it up?

I have a simple question to start: could I rent a Basic Digital Adaptor from Verizon and connect that to the EyeTV Hybrid? I know it would limit me to standard def recordings but I can live with that.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: EyeTV recording open thread
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Why CableCard isn’t on the Mac

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

So with that info in mind, you can't use your EyeTV without using a Digital Adpater or HD set top box to plug it into. 

So yes you could rent one of Verizon's Digital adapters and plug it into your eyetv, and it should work, or you can consider a windows machine with a Ceton InfiniTV card (pretty inexpensive) or purchasing a DVR like TiVO or Silicon Dust Homerun Prime HD and then putting a Cable card into it. 

Veirzon Leases Cable Cards for 3.99 and they support multiple tuners and HD   

AppleTV1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help, much appreciated. I will try the digital adapter with eyetv and also upgrade my set top to a basic dvr. That should cover all the angles .

I'll post updates.

0 Likes