Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Fast forward freezing

SOLVED
ffrcoupe
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Fast forward freezing

Message 1 of 5
(1,379 Views)

OK. The screen freeze while fast forwading is getting annoying. I say screen freeze because the STB is not locking up so at least that's a plus.

I LOVE the QIP 7232 2 and the software upgrades provided so I'm not that pissy about it.

I know that the Verizon techs are working on a fix so I just want to track any progress. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ffrcoupe
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Fast forward freezing

Message 3 of 5
(1,353 Views)

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Have you be in contact with tech support at all to have this addressed? Has the box been rebooted (unplugging power cord for 30 seconds) or reprogrammed?

I have not called tech support. I prefer to use the forum boards for tech support.

Yes, I have unplugged the STB for 5 mins and then plugged it back in. It did not help.

I just ran STB Auto correction and will post the results once I have used the STB for a while. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 2 of 5
(1,358 Views)

Have you be in contact with tech support at all to have this addressed? Has the box been rebooted (unplugging power cord for 30 seconds) or reprogrammed?

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

ffrcoupe
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,354 Views)

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

I have not called tech support. I prefer to use the forum boards for tech support.

Yes, I have unplugged the STB for 5 mins and then plugged it back in. It did not help.

I just ran STB Auto correction and will post the results once I have used the STB for a while. 🙂

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 5
(1,348 Views)

Awesome! Yes please keep me posted.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

ffrcoupe
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(1,334 Views)

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Awesome! Yes please keep me posted.

I've watched about 12 hours of recorded programs and no more freezing during during fast forwarding. 🙂

Hopefully, running the auto correct did the trick. thumbsup2.gif

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title