Favorites still not working
Magoo9

I called Verizon and they did recognize that it was a bug in there system.

Does anyone have any news on how long this will take to fix. It is driving me crazy.

0 Likes
Re: Favorites still not working
Justin46
Legend
What is the problem? Favorites don't work at all, or what?
0 Likes
Magoo9

Some channels don't show up while you also get random channels added. The favorites are set correctly, it just when you press the favorites button you never know what will show up.

FYI I have img 1.6

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Thanks for the clarification.

Now, I still have the 1.5 IMG, so my experience and advice may be incorrect. However, I did have, off and on, for several months, the situation where unexpectedly some channels would disappear from my Favorites, and others would appear. Not every day, but maybe 3-5 times a week. Lots of other FiOS users had the same problem. I finally called the FSC, guy I talked to was not familiar with the problem, but amazingly within about 15 minutes someone called me back, knew about the problem and offerred to fix it, took about 2 minutes for him to download something, and the problem did in fact disappear.

Fast forward many months (I have had FiOS TV just over 3 years). I suddenly started having the same problem again. But this time it only lasted a week or so, disappeared on its own, I never reported it.

Fast forward again, to yesterday. Bingo, had the same problem. I fixed the Favorites, has not occurred again (yet).

I guess from my perspective, there definitely is something wrong, but tech support can do something to fix it, at least temporarily, if you can get their attention. Since you seemingly can't get any help from the FSC via phone, I suggest you go to www.dslreports.com, register (it is free), then go to the Verizon Direct forum there and report it. Verizon employees monitor that forum and try to help (they were very helpful to me the one time I used it, be sure to tell them you have tried the FSC via phone, if you have a problem number be sure to include it). In fact, that forum is really very private, anybody can see the subject of a post, but not any of the detail or content of any posts, from you or a Verizon rep. Plus you might want to look at the other Verizon FiOS forums there, there is a wealth of info (including lots of discussion on this very problem).

Good luck.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Justin -

I have given up on favorites in V1.5.  No matter how many times I add / delete channels I still get random additions and deletions - was really annoying in SE PA area with all the "x" channels (moved to new location place holders that were there until yesterday) and half of them kept adding themselves to my favorites along with channels like ASIA TV (trust me I don't subscribe to any of the foreign language stations).  Hopefully 1.6 (if it ever arrives) will fix the issue

0 Likes
Magoo9
I will try that, but when I do a search nothing comes up for the work favorites. I can't believe more people are not complaining.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Keyboards,

All I can tell you is that, once the guy at the FSC downloaded something to my DVR, the Favorites have worked very well, other than a couple of times, and both of those were much less significant, fewer channels deleted or added than the first time.

I use my Favorites 100% of the time, 99.9% they are perfect, I don't think I could live with it if the Favorites didn't work.

We are supposed to ge the channel re-alignment starting tomorrow, and I would hope the IMG upgrade sometime soon after that. So we shall see what happens, hopefully yours will get fixed soon.

Justin
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Magoo9 wrote:
I will try that, but when I do a search nothing comes up for the work favorites. I can't believe more people are not complaining.

I am not sure what you are saying???? If you are saying you searched on "favorites" on dslreports.com and didn't get any hits, you need to be in the "Verizon FIOS TV" forum when you do the search, there are pages and pages of posts with "favorites" in them.

If you are saying something else, and are replying to me, it would help if you would clarify. Thanks.

Justin
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
NJGary
This is incredibly frustrating!!! Verizon, FIX IT NOW...Send out the new firmware NOW!!!:
0 Likes
1duckydude
Enthusiast - Level 1
Only Fav. issue that I have is that I have Fav 1 and Fav 2.  Although I am watching on a wide screen format, the digit 1 or 2 gets cut off.  This did cause issues when I was first figuring out how to use fav's, but I have gotten used to it now.
0 Likes