fios and caller id
arbutus_bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the daylight savings/standard time changeover on Sunday my caller it date time stamp on my phones is one hour off, still showing daylight savings time. I put in a trouble call MDDQ055FWB and a tech called back and said that Verizon does not send out time stamp information, that it is put on by my phone. My research on line indicates that this iformation is sent out by the central office. Which information is correct?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios and caller id
arbutus_bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Verizon tech has found the solution to this problem. There was a central office setting that was wrong. The setting was corrected and caller id is now correct.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, although I cannot answer the question as to which info is correct, I would try this to resolve. Unplug all phones/caller ID units at the house. Leave them unplugged for approx 3 - 5 minutes and plug back in starting with the main unit (if there is one). See if that will reset it to the correct time.

CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Might have to change the time on your actual phone to get it to indicate the correct time when a call is received.  Not sure, just a suggestion.

0 Likes
arbutus_bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changing the time on te phone does not help. The next time a call comes in the caller id information changes it back.

0 Likes
arbutus_bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

A Verizon tech has found the solution to this problem. There was a central office setting that was wrong. The setting was corrected and caller id is now correct.

0 Likes