FIOS app on Firestick
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else try to install the FIOS app on their firestick (or apple)?  Fast, flexible and built for your needs — Verizon Fios upgrades home internet + TV | About Verizon  I tried this morning and get an error that I am not connected to my home network.  I do not have FIOS TV ONE - I am on an old plan and still the VMS boxes....  Any idea if I have to have one of these new bundles to get it to work - or should it connect.  I have been waiting for this for a long time (tried all sorts of ways to get the iphone/ipad app to work on the TV's with not much success at all).  I was able to log in using the "log in through app" process - but then get the error that I am not on my home network.  I actually have this same issue on my phone off and on as I have a second access point that I am usually connected to since the Verizon router is in my basement.   Any thoughts?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Fios TV app on Amazon Fire 4K Stick - Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@regular_guy wrote:

As it turns out, about halfway down the Fios TV Home Amazon App Product Description is the following:

"Mix & Match Fios TV and Internet plans and Streaming Device Connection package are required. Streaming Device Connections are for in-home use only and require at least one installed Verizon Media Server or Fios TV One set-top box and one Fios Quantum Gateway Router or Fios Router."

This would have been a lot more helpful than the cryptic Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100 and minimize the subsequent confusion.

Thanks to all those who chimed in!

I believe the message is being updated to be less cryptic,  thanks to everyone's input.

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS app on Firestick
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BrianHarg wrote:

Anyone else try to install the FIOS app on their firestick (or apple)?  Fast, flexible and built for your needs — Verizon Fios upgrades home internet + TV | About Verizon  I tried this morning and get an error that I am not connected to my home network.  I do not have FIOS TV ONE - I am on an old plan and still the VMS boxes....  Any idea if I have to have one of these new bundles to get it to work - or should it connect.  I have been waiting for this for a long time (tried all sorts of ways to get the iphone/ipad app to work on the TV's with not much success at all).  I was able to log in using the "log in through app" process - but then get the error that I am not on my home network.  I actually have this same issue on my phone off and on as I have a second access point that I am usually connected to since the Verizon router is in my basement.   Any thoughts?

I know each device has to "register" with the home router the first time you use the app on it. You have to be home, on the network and start the app. Look here for app details: https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/mobile/tv-everywhere. Otherwise you need a Windows computer to access it on the

https://tv.verizon.com/watch/ website. Never tried installing the app on my Sony Android based TV, so I can't tell you if that will work. The Apple app was just updated to V4.2, so make sure that is the version you install if you are using an Apple device. Also check this:

• Why can't I watch my DVR recorded content from my mobile or tablet device?
  • To view DVR recorded content the following must be true:

• Fios Video Media Server(VMS) Set-Top Box and Internet package
      • To verify, check your TV plan details in your My Verizon account or My Fios app
    • Confirm your mobile device is paired with the VMS and for help, using your Fios remote select
      • Menu Settings System Mobile Devices

If your device is not paired, please first open the Fios TV Mobile app in-home while connected to your Fios Wi-Fi router. Your device will auto-pair with your VMS. This process must be completed for each device.

You will be unable to stream your DVR recordings if your:

• Device has not been added to the Media Server
    • Device has been removed from the Media Server

Note: Some content providers do not allow recorded content to be streamed out-of-home

On the older devices you need to have "enhanced" DVR service to get this to work.

New Fios TV app on Amazon Fire 4K Stick - Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100
regular_guy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

New Fios TV app on Amazon Fire 4K Stick - Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100

Fios TV Home App
Product details
Original Release Date ‏ : ‎ 2021
Date First Available ‏ : ‎ July 22, 2021
Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ Verizon Services Corp.
ASIN ‏ : ‎ B094SW3Y4J

Get the following error even though the Fire TV One, Amazon Fire Stick and Samsung S20 5G UW are all connected to my Verizon G1100 router, even after rebooting all of them.

Fails using either of the methods, with the same 9-6-54-302-100 error:
Login with mobile app
Login with remote

Out-of-Home
Seems you are not connected with your Fios Wi-Fi router. Please reconnect to your Fios Wifi router and try again.
Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100

Tried searching for the error code, where I got similar but not exact ones.

Tried it after seeing the following articles:
Verizon's Fios TV app comes to Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV this week
Verizon Fios TV app on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV removes need for hardware box

0 Likes
RobbRoys

I have the same issue with the FireTV stick.  I've had the Fios TV App on my IPAD for months that works fine.

We need a fix.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RobbRoys wrote:

I have the same issue with the FireTV stick.  I've had the Fios TV App on my IPAD for months that works fine.

We need a fix.

The fix is to call customer service and have them reset your Fios account. Apparently that error indicates your account hasn't been approved for the app yet. Since it is one day old, there are probably a lot of folks that will be having that issue.

BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is great news.  Any idea if I need FIOS One to be able to use the app - or should all customers be able to use it?  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BrianHarg wrote:

That is great news.  Any idea if I need FIOS One to be able to use the app - or should all customers be able to use it?  

I'll check.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BrianHarg wrote:

1100 or 4100 will work; but you have to be subscribed to that streaming pkg for it to work; and the only way to get that streaming pkg is to upgrade to the latest mix n match plans.

regular_guy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

As it turns out, about halfway down the Fios TV Home Amazon App Product Description is the following:

"Mix & Match Fios TV and Internet plans and Streaming Device Connection package are required. Streaming Device Connections are for in-home use only and require at least one installed Verizon Media Server or Fios TV One set-top box and one Fios Quantum Gateway Router or Fios Router."

This would have been a lot more helpful than the cryptic Error Code: 9-6-54-302-100 and minimize the subsequent confusion.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@regular_guy wrote:

I believe the message is being updated to be less cryptic,  thanks to everyone's input.