Fios app saying not connected to streaming device on my firestick?
Bconz

has this happened to anyone? i down loaded the app on firestick. Then i tried to set up through mobile, i hit login into a streaming device it searches and my tv pops up a 4 digit authentication. i enter it into the mobile and it says authenticated....but then the firestick/verizon app says "no streaming device connected". huh? its literally an app on the firestick. can anyone help before i call verizon

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios app saying not connected to streaming device on my firestick?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@greencatdude wrote:

No luck on any of my Apple TV devices- same error message. 

So support is changing the error message to better reflect the actual issue:

"Your Fios TV package doesn’t include a Streaming Device Connection, which is required to use this device to access your Fios TV service. You can go to http://myverizon.com to manage your account connections."
So if you see the error, go to http://myverizon.com and add your streaming devices to your account.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bconz wrote:

has this happened to anyone? i down loaded the app on firestick. Then i tried to set up through mobile, i hit login into a streaming device it searches and my tv pops up a 4 digit authentication. i enter it into the mobile and it says authenticated....but then the firestick/verizon app says "no streaming device connected". huh? its literally an app on the firestick. can anyone help before i call verizon

Try removing the app, power down the Firestick, reinstall the app and try again. Make sure the firestick is on the correct WiFi network.

Landshark928

i bought an ethernet adapter for my new Firestick 4K Max .... is the FIOS app gonna give me grief if i connect the Firestick to ethernet?  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Landshark928 wrote:

i bought an ethernet adapter for my new Firestick 4K Max .... is the FIOS app gonna give me grief if i connect the Firestick to ethernet?  

Can't say, try it and see!

YeahThatCee1

How did you resolve this?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Launch Verizon Fios TV Home app on Apple TV 4K
  2. Login with mobile app OR Login with remote
  3. Enter the authentication code, if via mobile app

ERROR MESSAGE

No Streaming Device connection detected

You must have a Streaming Device connection on your account to use this device to access your Fios TV service.

After months, Verizon techs onsite, in chat, and on the phone have not been able to resolve this issue of having to re-authenticate Verizon logon credentials hourly or daily for any and all Apple TV apps that require Verizon authentication. They’ve increased the speed to 1GBs, replaced the router, added new Fios ONE boxes, and confirmed there are no existing account issues. Rebooting routers and DVRs and Apple TVs and updating their operating systems have not resolved this ongoing issue for months. I've been a Verizon customer for decades. So before canceling Fios as a last resort, multiple Verizon techs got rid of me by asking me to create a ticket to their Application Support team via the Fios TV Mobile iPhone app's Report A Problem feature. So Verizon currently has no idea how to resolve this issue. I figured someone out here On Da Internets would have better troubleshooting resolutions.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@YeahThatCee wrote:

How did you resolve this?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Launch Verizon Fios TV Home app on Apple TV 4K
  2. Login with mobile app OR Login with remote
  3. Enter the authentication code, if via mobile app

ERROR MESSAGE

No Streaming Device connection detected

You must have a Streaming Device connection on your account to use this device to access your Fios TV service.

After months, Verizon techs onsite, in chat, and on the phone have not been able to resolve this issue of having to re-authenticate Verizon logon credentials hourly or daily for any and all Apple TV apps that require Verizon authentication. They’ve increased the speed to 1GBs, replaced the router, added new Fios ONE boxes, and confirmed there are no existing account issues. Rebooting routers and DVRs and Apple TVs and updating their operating systems have not resolved this ongoing issue for months. I've been a Verizon customer for decades. So before canceling Fios as a last resort, multiple Verizon techs got rid of me by asking me to create a ticket to their Application Support team via the Fios TV Mobile iPhone app's Report A Problem feature. So Verizon currently has no idea how to resolve this issue. I figured someone out here On Da Internets would have better troubleshooting resolutions.

From what I've been told, there was an issue with the latest Apple OS update. If you tried all the above to get it to work, you'll have to wait for Apple or Verizon to get a new update out that fixes the issue.

YeahThatCee1

Thanks, Clem. These techs really need to communicate with one another internally to prevent customers from having to go through all of these hoops. Honestly, I feel that Apple has nothing to do with this, and rather, Verizon just created a substandard or poorly coded app. But I digress. Thanks for the update. You just hopefully saved a lot of people a lot of time and trouble, assuming what the tech suggested is true. I figured out something myself that may be related: Login to streaming.verizon.com with your Verizon logon credentials. See if the displayed email address matches the email address on your Verizon account. The profile email listed here differs from my Verizon email, and there's no way to update it by the customer from within streaming.verizon.com. It's supposed to pull the email address from your Verizon account. I reported it to Verizon using the Report A Problem feature under Help at streaming.verizon.com. Let me know if your email addresses match or mismatch. If they mismatch, could be related, or even a symptom of the real problem. Operating system issues sounds a bit like Verizon techs just dumping the problem to get rid of you. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@YeahThatCee wrote:

Thanks, Clem. These techs really need to communicate with one another internally to prevent customers from having to go through all of these hoops. Honestly, I feel that Apple has nothing to do with this, and rather, Verizon just created a substandard or poorly coded app. But I digress. Thanks for the update. You just hopefully saved a lot of people a lot of time and trouble, assuming what the tech suggested is true. I figured out something myself that may be related: Login to streaming.verizon.com with your Verizon logon credentials. See if the displayed email address matches the email address on your Verizon account. The profile email listed here differs from my Verizon email, and there's no way to update it by the customer from within streaming.verizon.com. It's supposed to pull the email address from your Verizon account. I reported it to Verizon using the Report A Problem feature under Help at streaming.verizon.com. Let me know if your email addresses match or mismatch. If they mismatch, could be related, or even a symptom of the real problem. Operating system issues sounds a bit like Verizon techs just dumping the problem to get rid of you. Fingers crossed.

Besides the Apple update, i was also told this is an indication of an account problem as you have found. The way to get it corrected is to call the billing department and have your account re-authorized with the correct information. That should correct the e-mail mismatch you found. It would be a better world if tech people made sure their updates didn't break functionality of others programming, but we know how that goes.......

greencatdude

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@greencatdude wrote:

I'll run it past support again and see if there are any updates on this.