FIOS box but no outlet?
Freeman_B

So I have put in an order to activate some service here in my apartment. I chose FIOS because I noticed the apartment already has one of those weird FIOS boxes in the livingroom. My issue, however, is that there doesn't seem to be any cable outlet or phone jack. This could mean one of two things:

1) Either the needed outlets are somewhere inside the box (am I going to have to figure out how to open it in order to install my TV/Internet?)

2) Or, my apartment simply has no cable outlets and i'll have to have someone come make one. This is the worst-case scenario.

I figured someone on here might have an answer for me. Should I contact verizon and see about getting an outlet or two put in? Or is that stuff inside the FIOS box in my livingroom?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS box but no outlet?
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

HOPE THIS ANSWERS SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

BELIEVE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ONT (OPTICAL NETWORK TERMINAL) BOX

I FIND THAT THE SEARCH FEATURE REALLY ANSWERS A LOT OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/phone/homephone/general+support/fios+phone/troubleshootin...

0 Likes
Freeman_B

Thanks for the help, but that isn't quite what I was looking for. Let me try to explain.

The TV box and the router for the internet both require the use of a coaxial connection, I believe. I do not have a cable outlet to plug a coax cable into. I am hoping that these are located inside the box in my apartment, so that I don't have to go and get one put in. I'm here to try to verify whether or not this is the case.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please click on my "handle"

Then go down the LHS to where my Images are located.

click on my equipment layout...the first one there.

0 Likes