Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

FiOS cablebox doesn't respond after TV turns on

knobbs
Contributor
Contributor

Re: FiOS cablebox doesn't respond after TV turns on

Message 21 of 22
(4,973 Views)

I was having this problem as well with the Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000.  I went into Picture Settings, Advanced Settings, and turned off the Light Sensor option.  Voila- it works perfectly now!  I couldn't believe that that was the problem.  This post definately saved me a lot of troubleshooting time, as I never would have guessed the RF sensor was interfering!

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: FiOS cablebox doesn't respond after TV turns on

Message 22 of 22
(4,941 Views)

I too encountered this problem shortly after getting a new Philips LCD model 42PFL7403D/F7. 7216 DVR did not respond to remote control any time TV was on --regardless of settings and/or distance (at least up to 6ft away). Never had any problem before with old CRT TV.

Replacing the 7216 with a 6416 seems to have resolved the problem.

??? Verizon techs: ???

Is there a sensitivity or light shielding problem with the 7216 that does not exist with the 6416 (e.g. is the internal physical design or layout different)?

In other words, is the older 6416 more immune to stray IR radiation than the 7216 due to physical placement, sensitivity, light shielding,etc of the IR sensor in the box?

Message Edited by kvelling on 05-05-2009 12:53 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title