Re: FiOS DVR failed ... now eSATA drive doesn't work - External Drive Enclosure Suspect
Markintx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not remember seeing where the drive capacity was increased to 3TB for the stb, but not using quantum series stb either. Try a 1 TB drive in your enclosure on a pc first. if it all works there, then try it on your STB. the STBs are very particular about what enclosures/contollers they work with. In my first attempt, the enclosure was bad...

0 Likes
Re: FiOS DVR failed ... now eSATA drive doesn't work - External Drive Enclosure Suspect
usasnq

According to the Verizon website, there shouldn't be a limitation on drive size:

Does the eSATA device I use require a minimum or maximum storage limit for FiOS TV?

There are no minimum or maximum storage limits for FiOS TV.

As for replacing the drive in the enclosure, I'd really prefer not to dissassemble a pefectly good device.  It came as a sealed unit and I've been able to access it via a PC so I know everything is functional.  I've tried formatting it, turning it on and off at specific menu options, pausing at each step and waiting a few minutes, letting the box reboot over and over again all night, you name it.  It sees it when I plug it in it just goes into a reboot loop on the last 'ok to reboot' step.  Maddening.  I may take my chances with Verizon support but I was hoping Quaker could give me a few more tips before doing so.  

0 Likes
usasnq

On with Agent 'Babita', not going well.  Multiple attempts, same results.  She has now requested my acct ID and last bill payment in order to run a STB reinitializing.  Supposedly recordings and recording schedule will remain intact but parental controls and my favorites list will be lost.  This better work and the schedule and recordings better be intact or there will be a riot in my house.

0 Likes
usasnq

Nope.  Not happy.  They are suggesting I replace the STB which would mean losing everything I have programmed.  From everything I've read in these posts, that won't fix the issue either.  What a **bleep**.  We can land a freaking robot on a comet but I can't add storage to my DVR without hours of greif.

0 Likes