Fios DVRTaping ?
finner
I'm on the east coast and tried to tape soap General Hosp. on Soapnet on Fios DVR using a scheduled recording which runs 3am Tues. till 3am Sat.. I put it on a weekday schedule. It taped Thurs. twice but did not tape Fri. show which was to tape on Sat. morning at 3am. I evidently put it on a wrong scheduled recording. How do I set it up to tape all shows.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios DVRTaping ?
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hi finner,

So this program goes on at 3am-4am Tue-Sat?  First thing I'd try is going into your Series Manager section on the DVR (Menu-> DVR->Series Manager) In here you can edit the series recording options by arrowing down to it and selecting "Modify Series" and make sure to change it to First Run and Repeats under Episodes: .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hi finner,

So this program goes on at 3am-4am Tue-Sat?  First thing I'd try is going into your Series Manager section on the DVR (Menu-> DVR->Series Manager) In here you can edit the series recording options by arrowing down to it and selecting "Modify Series" and make sure to change it to First Run and Repeats under Episodes: .

0 Likes
JIM Fios dv reply
finner

I was told If you are using the DVR then make sure you set it up as a Series Recording and not a Manual Recording. In the Guide on Tuesday at 3 am on Soap you will see General Hospital. Hit Record on your Remote and you will see it set to Recored. Hit Record on your Remote again and you can Set a Series Recording with Options. Use the Options I posted above in my prior post.
0 Likes
finner
J im   I was told If
 you are using the DVR then make sure you set it up as a Series Recording and not a Manual Recording. In the Guide on Tuesday at 3 am on Soap you will see General Hospital. Hit Record on your Remote and you will see it set to Recored. Hit Record on your Remote again and you can Set a Series Recording with Options.
0 Likes
Re:Fios dv reply
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Finner,

you are correct, and to verify that it is catching all recordings of that show you should go into series manager and then select your show on the list, goto modify series and verify that the Episodes option are set to First run and Repeats (as I stated in my previous response).  If you choose the reply to option also when replying it will reply back in this thread rather than starting a whole new topic.

0 Likes
Re: Re:Fios dv reply
finner
Jim I should delete the recording I had set up first ? use this method Series Recording and not a Manual Recording. In the Guide on Tuesday at 3 am on Soap you will see General Hospital. Hit Record on your Remote and you will see it set to Recored. Hit Record on your Remote again and you can Set a Series Recording with Optionsl I do not get one thing gh is also on at 10pm on soapnet mon thru fri will it tape twice I only want it to tape 3am tues thru sat ?
0 Likes
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Finner,

I would delete the manual recording and start over..

Here are the steps:
In the DVR menu:

Goto Create a Recording

Choose the Search for Show

Enter in General Hospital

Then hit the Green OK button

Select the channel list that comes up on the right (In this case I believe it was Soapnet  ya said?)

Then it shoudl allow you to select the specific time slot the show is run

The last screen if I remember correctly should have the Record Series option..

I believe pressing record twice will record all instances of that show on that channel..

Hopefully this helps out some..

0 Likes
finner
Jim am a disabled person is this what you mean and is it eaiser to do Series Recording and not a Manual Recording. In the Guide on Tuesday at 3 am on Soap you will see General Hospital. Hit Record on your Remote and you will see it set to Recored. Hit Record on your Remote again and you can Set a Series Recording with Options
0 Likes
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Finner,

I would suggest the series recording, instead of a manual recording. Also by doing that you will be able to select the show and time you want rather than every time the show is on that channel.

0 Likes
finner

Jim I tryed the Options you posted above in your prior post.it will not scroll to set options ? tryed to set it to
0 Likes