Re: FIOS freezing
hoopitup2000

There IS a problem in northern VA & no one seems to notice/care how to resolve the problem. See my initial post below.

Local SD channels freeze in the morning

For about a month or so (about the same time as 1.9 update) all SD local FIBER FED channels will freeze at the same time on all SD & HD boxes. (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,13 . . . . )The HD versions of these same channels never have this problem. It happens most every morning about 3-5 times.

After about 20-30 seconds either;

1. The channel will change to another random local channel by itself.

2. The channel is not available message will appear.

This is also a problem at a co-workers house in Vienna, VA. (I'm in Arlington) We both have just gotten new boxes this week & still having the same issue. Signal strength is not the issue. I can't believe we are the only 2 people having this issue.

Any ideas?????

Thx!!

0 Likes
"NO" FIOS Technical Assistance
hoopitup2000

This forum should change it's name if no one will even give advice regarding a REAL/CONSISTENT problem. (Yes, still freezing this morning) If I need to call service (which is a pain) just say so.

Just discovered that the home agent is useless for this as well. They want me to reset the boxes AGAIN. Like we haven't already done all of these things at least twice.

Thanks for nothing!! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!

0 Likes
Re: "NO" FIOS Technical Assistance
prisaz
Legend

I am out of the same VHO-4 from SilverSpring, MD. Have no issues with local channels. But as far as Freezing, my DVR does it every now and then after being paused. Oh yes it is winter, and very freezing outside too.Smiley Frustrated

Have you tried contacting Verizon for support? We are customers and can't fix anything on their end.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: "NO" FIOS Technical Assistance
hoopitup2000

Thanks for the info Mark!!

I thought this would be a good place to go. Sorry for the rant. I will try the link supplied or call.

It seems to only affect the Fairfax/Arlington feed, so that may help Verizon diagnose the issue. My mother lives in Manassas & has no issues.

Have a good day!!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Hhhs8
I don't think it is the STB, as I am having the same problem, and I use a TiVo box with a cable card. Maryland
0 Likes
DDERF

I'm having the same issue in FL.  I switched to Verizon a little over 3 weeks ago and I have had the problem on every tv in the house and on just about every channel from day 1.  The picture will freeze for a second and then jump to live.  I contacted a rep and she stated that a fix will be out March 15th for my area.  The sad thing is that I switched because I was tired of loosing programing during the slightest bit of rain and now instead of having issues every few days, I have a problem every day all day.  The rep also said there was a current fix but it only works half of the time and sometimes the DVR will fail to reboot leaving you with out TV.  Daily frustration waiting on March 15th.

0 Likes