Fios- Genres and Filter Shortcut Missing
frankw11

I have FiOs at two houses. My other house has older FIOS boxes (we moved and haven't sold yet) and the new house has these new fancy ones. On my "old" FIOS at the old house I can push the right navigation arrow and it brings up the "Genres and Filter" shortcut where I can go to something like "HD + Kids shows" and see what's on.

Now on my new FIOS on the NEW boxes that shortcut is gone. I even tried the OLD FIOS remote. The old remote works fine except the shortcut is missing. If I select Menu+ Guide I can get to the Genres and Filters. Can you guys put the shortcut back in??

0 Likes
Re: Fios- Genres and Filter Shortcut Missing
Envi1

I have the same issue since switching from the old Motorola boxes to the new FIOS ONE boxes 6 months ago, this is annoying. We have 5 small Fios One boxes and the 1 main DVR box. On the main DVR box the feature works as it supposed to. Press Right on the Remote an the genres & filters options comes up. All the other boxes the feature does not work even with the option being enabled in settings, and I tried rebooting boxes and Router once and one of the boxes actually worked then never worked after i tried to press it again, I had Fios tech come in and they couldn’t figure it out all he said was everything checks out good an to go through the menu button to pull it up, I’m annoyed because we are paying a lot for their monthly services for them not to look into this. We’ve had Fios for 13 years now. I still haven’t figured this one out. I don’t know if it’s a setting in the epithet or something blocking the other boxes from it working.

0 Likes
Re: Fios- Genres and Filter Shortcut Missing
Vadim1

Just upgrade from older STB to TV One and 2 TV One Mini. Same issue, older boxes hit the > right and get instant options to sort by and more importantly it saves your choice even if you turn everything off. But this dam TV one you have to go into Menu then Guide then Genre and select view channels by subscription but it only holds your choice for only that session. Once you turn off the TV, done, back to flipping channels by all channels, so annoying. No I don't want to waste my time setting the favorites, I just want to select flip channels by my subscription and that's it!!! What a waste.

0 Likes