FIOS goes down everyday and no one can figure it out
unhappysteph

Let me start by saying I have been a FIOS customer for a number of years and never experienced problems like I have in the past 6 months.  I moved to a new home about a year ago transferring my service with no issues.  About 8 months into the service I started having daily interruptions which required a call to 1800 number to get it restarted.  The entire service goes down - TV, phone & internet.   Apparently my ONT goes into some kind of quarantined state.   This happened for about a week.  After numerous phone calls and visits from field techs, and replaced ONT equipment the problem resolved itself until recently, 6 months later.  Same issue again.  I can't tell you how frustrated I am because no network or field technician can see a clear reason why this is happening.  The replaced the ONT brains again and still the problems persist.  They are currently in the process of running further tests.

I really like my FIOS service but am on the verge of cancelling it if they can't figure it out this time. 

If anyone has experienced something similar to this I'd really appreciate your input.  I'm at my wits end.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS goes down everyday and no one can figure it out
JoeMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Sounds kind of like a rogue ONT. Rogue ONT is a rare issue, but sounds like it fits, you should ask a Verizon rep about that, they may have to ask a network tech about it. I am no longer a Verizon tech though so I can only give you suggestions
0 Likes
Re: FIOS goes down everyday and no one can figure it out
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It sounds like you either have bad light coming in at the ONT or an incorrect power supply for that ONT.

0 Likes