Fios guide problems
CEK2

What's up with the guide changes? 1) My wife tried to record the Queen's funeral today. She set it to record when the funeral was scheduled to start, even though the title was wrong. *Overnight* you changed the program name to the Queen's Funeral, so it didn't record. The whole world knew this was going to happen, so why the last minute change? 2) You have started showing three and four hour shows in one hour blocks, even though it's the same show. This causes us to set up 3 or 4 different recordings to record one show, and we sometimes have to switch in the middle of an interview or some segment. 3) Search has been broken for a while. I try to search for Kentucky Basketball, and all I can get are all the NCAA games, which is useless for recording. This wasn't the case season before last. 4) The guide changes a lot for the same shows, messing up all our series recordings.

I'm sure one of the other cable providers has a much better system. With each change, you make the guide worse.

0 Likes
Re: Fios guide problems
LAS2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. I record a three hour program every morning, and suddenly I get one hour recorded. Other morning shows do not have to be recorded in one hour increments. 

Also, one to two times a year, shows on Fox do not record. The times have not changed, the channel has not changed and the DVR is set up to record properly. But I either have to record them manually, or delete the recording request and enter the same information again. I wonder why this happens.

0 Likes
CEK2

Interesting. Our problems are with Fox as well.

0 Likes
CEK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now they have made it even worse. The Android guide only shows College Basketball, not who's playing. You have to click each one to find the right game, because, of course, search still doesn't work.

Now they've added another annoyance, playing the current channel as soon as you open the guide. No way to turn that off that I can find.

0 Likes