FIOS guide
jeap
Enthusiast - Level 1

My complaint is one I noticed that many people have in common - the guide.  My biggest complaint for the guide would be the lack of year the series, film, etc. would have been made.   Why is this so difficult to add?  Verizon just made all the new changes to their guide - why didn't they read all the messages in the Forum before making all the changes. This tells me their communication skills are lacking.  

I cannot wait until my contract is up for the FIOS TV - I'm saying goodbye and going back to what I had before.  At least their guide and service was great. 

Speaking of service,  when I signed up for FIOS (salesperson came to neighborhood),  I was told (and in print) that I would be getting "freebies". 

When I didn't receive what I was promised I called Verizon twice and was told they would deal with it - nothing. 

I then tried emailing them at least 7 times - and each time a different person would respond (days later) saying they

would have someone contact me.  See what I mean about lack of communication?

Hey, everyone - thanks for listening.  One more thing - I would never recommend FIOS TV to my friends or family.  I'm very disappointed.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS guide
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I do understand that you are frustrated with the guide but what is it that you are frustrated with on the guide. With the New guide it allowed Verizon to expand its Channels and HD content with more channels available to the public. What was it that you were suppose to get regarding when you were signing up.
0 Likes
birdistasty

In regards to the freebies, I know we had the same issue.  My father-in-law was supposed to get a $100 gift card for signing up, and we were supposed to get a $50 card for referring him - neither ever materialized.  We ended up cancelling our service shortly after he signed up because we ended up moving in with them, so we figured that was why we never got ours.  And he just doesn't want to deal with customer service unless he has to, so he just didn't want to put up a fight about his gift card.

0 Likes
jeap
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Techman28 wrote:
I do understand that you are frustrated with the guide but what is it that you are frustrated with on the guide. With the New guide it allowed Verizon to expand its Channels and HD content with more channels available to the public. What was it that you were suppose to get regarding when you were signing up.

As I said in my original email the  biggest complaint for the guide would be the lack of year  (date) the series, film, etc. would have been made.   Why is this so difficult to add?  Verizon just made all the new changes to their guide but not this one.    Having a date would be helpful - I see that the guide shows the number of the episode but for most people it just isn't helpful.  It's such a small thing to change.

As for what I was told by the salesman - he said:

-We would be receiving the Sports channel free for two years.

-We would be getting HBO as part of the movie package (free for 3 mos.).

-We would be able to use our one DVR (we also have two standard boxes - one of the standard's should have been free also) on both of the tvs.  He said we would be able to record from the one DVR on both tvs.

This is why I will not renew our contract with Verizon FIOS and I will not recommend it to my friends, family, and neighbors.  Thanks for listening.

0 Likes
chuckr11
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, I want to answer "what is actually the complaint witht he guide".  Number of these.  First, largest fraction of guide entries for series give a single description of the series (for the season), with no attempt to detail what the particular episode is about, yielding a virtually useless entry. 

Beyond that (and I realize this is subjective), most of the entries that detail info about movies (not series), first does not list the actors in order of importance, and since a limited number of ASCII characters are given to that section, very often you get no idea who are the major players. since (assuming that the namems are in fact listed at all) the entry is clipped in length. 

Lastly, the description  of the plots for movies is extremely poorly done.  In most of the cases, I have already seen the movie in question, but from the weird plot descriptions, no possibility exists that one might be able to recognize it.  So, you get no reliable cast information, nor any reliable plot description.  You can't recognize it.  If you need examples, they are available at any hour of day, this is unfortunately the most common cases I am talking about.

I had your competition 2 months ago, and their entries, while not perfect, were what everyone has grown used to, and no complaint might be made.  I wondeer where Verizon gets it's program info from? 

I hate to  have this letter be so negative, because I do  like many features of the FIOS video service.

jeap
Enthusiast - Level 1
My error:  How do I delete the "Solution Solved".  I don't think my problems have been solved.  Thanks.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

chuckr11 wrote: 

I had your competition 2 months ago, and their entries, while not perfect, were what everyone has grown used to, and no complaint might be made.  I wondeer where Verizon gets it's program info from? 

Verizon gets its guide information from a company called FYI.  Have to agree with your points and add that the guide also constantly has just plain wrong information - the other weekend Sunday Night Football was listed on both NBC (correct) and ABC (incorrect) causing any series set up for ABC to not record.

0 Likes
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus

jeap wrote:
My error:  How do I delete the "Solution Solved".  I don't think my problems have been solved.  Thanks.

Hi jeap,

To change the marked solution, you can go to Options on the upper right of the post you marked as a solution. Then, under Options, choose Unmark as Accepted Solution.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

0 Likes
jeap
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did go into options but couldn't find the selection "Unmark as...".

Thanks.

0 Likes
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus
Hi, Make sure you are looking in the upper right hand corner of the post in green that you marked as a solution. That's the only one that will have that option.
0 Likes