Re: FIOS HD DVR external hard drive
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

Just a question about the next DVR's that are coming. The new DVRs both look like they are regular DVRs and not MR DVRs. Is that true?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

@vinnyv07 wrote:

Just a question about the next DVR's that are coming. The new DVRs both look like they are regular DVRs and not MR DVRs. Is that true?

Verizon just makes a change to your account that enables Multi Room DVR.  That's it.

0 Likes
unopixel

When and were can I obtain this update? Is it something I download online from my computer? Is it something I do from my DVR's menu (settings) screen? New Verizon customer so I'm not sure how the firmware updates are rolled out to the customer.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance 🙂

0 Likes
alwayson1

what happens to the programs recorded on the MR DVR when the eSATA drive is attached?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

The 1.9 update is coming over the next two months.   You need 1.9 to be able to utilize eSATA and I have a 2 TB model that is working great.  The key feature is 3Gbps eSATA.  You must have a 7 series Moto or the Cisco DVR to add eSATA.

unopixel wrote:

When and were can I obtain this update? Is it something I download online from my computer? Is it something I do from my DVR's menu (settings) screen? New Verizon customer so I'm not sure how the firmware updates are rolled out to the customer.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance 🙂

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
They remain on the DVR.  All recordings from the moment the eSATA is attached go on the eSATA first then the DVR. 

alwayson wrote:

what happens to the programs recorded on the MR DVR when the eSATA drive is attached?

0 Likes