Re: FIOS Mini box white light goes on every night on one of 2 mini boxes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve never put in any programming, other than DVR series. And they’re all during the evening. The light on the mini box went on again this morning, and nothing extra is on the DVR. I turned on the TV manually, without using the FIOS remote, and the TV WAS at the screensaver. So I checked the system info to see if I got new firmware, but all the system info is identical to the system info in a photo I took Sunday morning. So no update occurred. I’ll check with Verizon and see if the are having problems again trying to push another update automatically. I’m getting awfully tired of this. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

I’ve never put in any programming, other than DVR series. And they’re all during the evening. The light on the mini box went on again this morning, and nothing extra is on the DVR. I turned on the TV manually, without using the FIOS remote, and the TV WAS at the screensaver. So I checked the system info to see if I got new firmware, but all the system info is identical to the system info in a photo I took Sunday morning. So no update occurred. I’ll check with Verizon and see if the are having problems again trying to push another update automatically. I’m getting awfully tired of this. 

If the screensaver was on, that means the box is OFF. The white lights should be DIM, not bright. Did you set the lights up to be DIM on that box when off? Maybe toggling that setting on and off, then rebooting the box would help.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve had the lights set at Normal (of the three settings: Low, Normal, & High). On all of the settings, the light dims when the box is off, then gets bright when the box is on, then dims when the box is turned off. That’s why the fact that the light gets bright in the middle of the night bothers me— I’d like to know what’s going on. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

I’ve had the lights set at Normal (of the three settings: Low, Normal, & High). On all of the settings, the light dims when the box is off, then gets bright when the box is on, then dims when the box is turned off. That’s why the fact that the light gets bright in the middle of the night bothers me— I’d like to know what’s going on. 

Supposedly when the box is off, it displays the screensaver and the lights should be dim. When you turned the TV on and saw the screensaver, the lights should have been DIM. That's weird behavior, not what was expected. If you leave the TV on, and turn the box off with the button on the box, do the lights dim and screensaver appear?

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I have the TV on and I am watching programing using FIOS, then if I turn off the mini box alone manually using the button on the mini box, the light on the mini box goes dim, and the TV displays the Verizon screensaver.

If I have the TV on and I am watching programing using FIOS, then if I turn off the TV alone manually, the light on the mini box stays bright. 

When I turned on the TV this morning manually, while the light on the mini was bright, the light remained bright. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

If I have the TV on and I am watching programing using FIOS, then if I turn off the mini box alone manually using the button on the mini box, the light on the mini box goes dim, and the TV displays the Verizon screensaver.

If I have the TV on and I am watching programing using FIOS, then if I turn off the TV alone manually, the light on the mini box stays bright. 

When I turned on the TV this morning manually, while the light on the mini was bright, the light remained bright. 

That sounds correct. When the box is providing programming, the lights will be bright, whether the TV is on or off. When you turn the box off, the lights should dim. The box never completely turns off, so if you turn the TV on after turning the box off, you'll see a screensaver, but the lights on the box will be dim until you turn the box on. If you have video input control ON in the Fios menu, the box will turn on when the TV turns on, or vice-versa. The point is, the lights should be bright anytime you have the box ON, unless you set them to ALWAYS dim.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let’s see what the Verizon phone techs tell me this time. 😗

0 Likes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haven’t gotten through to the phone techs yet, but I was up this evening and saw exactly what happened:  at 2:01 am the light on the mini box in my bedroom blinked 4 times then went from dim to bright.  

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Haven’t gotten through to the phone techs yet, but I was up this evening and saw exactly what happened:  at 2:01 am the light on the mini box in my bedroom blinked 4 times then went from dim to bright.  

Next time that happens turn the TV on to see if the screensaver is there or it's programming. That almost sounds like the box is somehow trying an update.  I know 7.8 is out there and being slowly pushed to customers. That time is when Verizon usually pushes updates too. If you can get tech on the line, request they push 7.8 to your boxes.

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI - early this morning, my FIOS One box and both mini boxes rebooted and upgraded to APR 7.8. Let’s see if that makes a difference. 

0 Likes