Re: FIOS Mini box white light goes on every night on one of 2 mini boxes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

FYI - early this morning, my FIOS One box and both mini boxes rebooted and upgraded to APR 7.8. Let’s see if that makes a difference. 

Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, the light on the mini box in my bedroom again blinked four times and switched from dim to bright last night, again at 2:01am.  It would be nice to think that it's only because it was the first day after the APR 7.8 update, but I"m not holding out hope.  

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The mini in my bedroom exhibits the same LED behavior. I've chalked it up to the unit checking for updates.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

The mini in my bedroom exhibits the same LED behavior. I've chalked it up to the unit checking for updates.

2AM is the NORMAL time for Verizon to push updates and maintenance checks. Why some boxes do this more than others is a mystery to me!

AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, this remains a mystery. I can’t understand why it happens more frequently to the mini in my bedroom and not as frequently to the mini in my basement. I wouldn’t be as concerned if it weren’t my BEDROOM. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@AGW-1980 wrote:

Yes, this remains a mystery. I can’t understand why it happens more frequently to the mini in my bedroom and not as frequently to the mini in my basement. I wouldn’t be as concerned if it weren’t my BEDROOM. 

Have you tried swapping the location of the boxes?

0 Likes
AGW-1980
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just tried that; let’s see what happens. 

0 Likes
1235813ny
Enthusiast - Level 1

If this bizarre and frustrating to fix issue was resolved for you, I’d greatly appreciate your insights — we’ occasionally experience precisely the same  (box only but not the tv), although we have only 1 box).  ALSO, sometimes when turning off the box (tv also as  it’s programmed to do), it takes 2 separate presses on the power button to turn off.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LED's quirky behavior continues on the 4100 mini STB. Given the continuing decline in traditional cable television service, I'm not expecting a resolution.