FIOS Mobile App ... As Disappointing As It Appears?
asalpeter

I have tried to acces my DVR and STBs remotely, ie, from outside my home WiFi network.  I have been complwtely unsuccessful ... it appears that the FIOS Mobile App provides ONLY "remote control" WITHIN the home network.  Is this the case?  If so, what a waste!!!

Is it possible to access the STBs or the DVR from a remote site, outside of the home network?  I notice that on the FIOS TV, under DVR/Help, there are instructions for setting up "Remote DVR," by going to Menu/Settings/System and choosing "Remote DVR."  However, when I tried to follow these instructions, I found NO, ABLOLUTELY NONE, entries under Settings/System for "Remote DVR."  What is this "Remote DVR" ... and, does it have anything to do with access of DVR or STBs from a location outside the home network?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile App ... As Disappointing As It Appears?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use the FIOS Mobile app for MY DVR outside of the home all of the time.
What do you get when you enter app (you should have to log in with your primary email, the some one you use to access your account online).

Hit the 3 bars in the upper left and choose DVR.

If you log in via a web browser to your account can you see your DVR?

0 Likes
asalpeter

Sorry, I guess my post wasnot clear enough!?  I have used FIOS Mobile to SCHEDULE and VIEW A LISTING of programs already recorded on my DVR, BUT, BUT ... I expected and still expect, reasonably, I think (!), to be able to watch LIVE TV, as I would if I was at home.  This ability, to WATCH LIVE SHOWS is limited to certain limited channels that are streaming content, most of which are of NO INTEREST.

Verizon FIOS does not yet support the REMOTE LOCATION ability to watch the programs already recorded on the DVR, nor access the Set Top Box to watch any desired live show.  I believe that until and unless such capability is developed, the FIOS Mobile App is a toy, basically an additional remote control, useable only within the home.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They had supposively considered adding the ability to view from your recordings with the quantum boxes.  Maybe still in the works, but they won't say one way or the other.  There are other company devices, e.g. slingbox, that can do this for you.

0 Likes