Re: FIOS Mobile APP picture quality bad
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ufoclub1977 wrote:

I switched from Xfinity to Verizon Fios and have enjoyed the top tier internet bandwidth and the cable channel lineup. But in comparison to how great the xfinity mobile app worked throughout the house, the Fios TV app is obviously fundamentally flawed. 

I now have a wired Fios extender (I thought maybe that would fix it) and am using an IPhone 11 or iPad Pro, but in the Fios tv app, the picture on any channel will break up into a pixelated low resolution mess after a minute of being clear. Every time. With xfinity I had a clear picture on the 2nd story of my house, with a single router being in the basement 2 floors below. Now I can’t get a clear picture 1 foot from the router.

I suspect they have to re-write the program from the ground up. In the meantime, I need to weigh how much i value watching HD programming throughout the house vs the great channel lineup, and maybe switch back to Xfinity.

Xfinity’s equipment and software worked perfectly, but they have crappy channel lineup for movies. 

From what I've heard here and there the problem is an IOS issue with the Verizon app. I have to assume there will be a fix in the near future as I'm sure they have seen these posts.

0 Likes
Cletus3x

Add me to the list, I have the same issue.

0 Likes
dakk1

Looks like this may have been fixed in the latest update. I was able to watch on both my iPhone and iPad with HD quality. It used to drop to complete blurriness after 10 seconds before.

0 Likes
Ufoclub1977

What version number are you on?

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ufoclub1977 wrote:

What version number are you on?

Latest is APR 7.10.

0 Likes
Ufoclub1977

I'm on an Apple iPad, and checking the version history in the App Store, I only see it going up to 4.2, but I think I was at 4.1

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ufoclub1977 wrote:

I'm on an Apple iPad, and checking the version history in the App Store, I only see it going up to 4.2, but I think I was at 4.1

The APR 7.10 I posted was for the Fios box, not the app version number. according to the app store:

Version History

• 4.2Jul 16, 2021

Enhancements and bug fixes

• 4.1Apr 29, 2021

Enhancements and bug fixes

• This is the latest version.

0 Likes