FIOS Mobile App problems on Galaxy Tab2 10.1
bensonjv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seeking guidance, recommended troubleshooting steps, and possibly app updates to fix problems with FIOS Mobile App when used with Galaxy Tab2 10.1.

Galaxy Tab2 10.1, Android OS 4.1.2

FIOS Mobile 2.0.1.6139

Was recently forced to remove old app and install FIOS Mobile App.  I would be patient and accepting if the new app were usable.  Apparent instability and lack of consistent functionality essentially means Verizon is asking me to pay for a capability I cannot use.  To be clear, I am only trying to use a fraction of the apps capability.  I have not attempted to watch live TV yet.  I simply want to download purchased movies to my tablet for offline viewing. 

Installation was the first obstacle.  It required 3-4 attempts for the app to install correctly.  From there however, the app would fail to start.  I rebooted the tablet several times and also did force stop on the app as well as cleared data and cache from app.  Eventually the app loads and starts.  Note that when it starts the app screen blinks 3-5 times as if it is having trouble loading.  I accept terms and conditions, then enter login data.  From there the app crashes or I get the "timeout due to network error" message.  Please note I am within 5 feet of WiFi router and all other devices connect fine.  This tablet connects fine with all other apps installed. 

After more toggling and restarting the app I am able to log in and get to my library (purchased content).  I select one of three movies to download.  The download starts but will not run for more than 60 seconds without the WiFi dropping connection.  The download obviously stalls and I get a pop-up telling me the network has been disconnected and I need to try again later.  This goes on for 1-2 hours.  The only way to ensure the download is successful is to sit next to the device and keep hitting resume/restart download. On a positive note, the download does seem to pick up where it left off so eventually it appears to be successful.  I have not watched the downloaded movie entirely yet but the first 5 minutes did play without an issue.

To be clear, no other device or application on this device is having problems with the WiFi connection.  The logical conclusion is that there is an issue with the Mobile App causing the connection to terminate when attempting to download. 

Thank all in advance for recommendations or resultion of this issue.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile App problems on Galaxy Tab2 10.1
PJL
Master - Level 3

I'm not experienceing anything like this, running the same version of Android.  I suggest you contact the app developer with your issue.Their email address is listed in Google Play (the web version). 

Are you attempting large file downloads using any other apps? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Mobile App problems on Galaxy Tab2 10.1
MG571
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you email the developer (vz-android-support@one.verizon.com) through the send feedback item in the help menu of the app, the message will automatically include your device id, wan ip, app version, OS version and device model.

I would be interested in how the live streaming part of the app works for you when you get around to trying it. 

0 Likes