Re: FiOS Mobile Remote for Android
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Dovahkiin wrote:

Bump.  I will also try to email  android-appsupport@verizon.com with this forum link.  Such a shame that an issue like this can linger for so long.  

There's also another thread on this.  I passed the information on to Verizon through a "non-public" path I have on January 10th, it was acknowledged, but I have no response or update.  I will report what I can if and when I get any further information.

It's a shame because all of the other "FiOS" apps that hook into the Verion FiOS (My FiOS) app seem to be working now, except the remote control portion of the Mobile Remote app.  I just got digital voice and it works fine too.

0 Likes
flash1621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to be clear on the issue - all the FiOS app functions that relate to the TV service and require a login do not work on my Nexus 7 - Android 4.2.1.  Still amazing no response from a company whose Joint Venture, Verizon Wireless, sells tons of Android products.

0 Likes
Matthew_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

Thank you for posting in our forum, we are aware of the issue with the Andriod OS 4.2 and our remote app. Currently we are having our engineers / programmers look into it to see what can be done to resolve this issue. We thank you for your patience and input on this. ^Matt 

0 Likes
bignmn
Any word? I am having the same issue with a samsung usinf jelly bean.
0 Likes
PK727272

FYI, I just emailed the app support team at this address:

android-appsupport@verizon.com

They responded that it is a known issue and they are working on a solution.  

0 Likes
Dovahkiin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got an email back on the 24th.  They said they found the issue and there will be a fix in 2 weeks max.

0 Likes
dave12342

This is still crashing for me on my Nexus 7 (Adroid 4.2.1).  FIOS Remote version 2.3.29.49.  This is the version downloaded today (2/12/13).

0 Likes
dave12342

I heard back early this morning (2/13/13) that they are still working through some issues.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@dave1234 wrote:

This is still crashing for me on my Nexus 7 (Adroid 4.2.1).  FIOS Remote version 2.3.29.49.  This is the version downloaded today (2/12/13).

2.3.29.49 was posted to the Google Play Store on January 24, 2013 and does NOT include the bug fix.  The updated version has not been completed or posted for download.

0 Likes
OliverP
Same issue here on Android 4.2... almost two months later, and no fix... **bleep** you Verizon!
0 Likes