FiOS Musings
pthompson146
I am a VW and Fios client.  We even have a member of our family working for VW.

That said, we recently signed for Fios since we believed it would be faster and less expensive.  Nothing could have been farther from the truth:

1.  Ordering Fios package via telephone was incorrect. 2.  Tech could not fix order issue, took at least eight hours and could not rectify free DVD for life and set top box for service contract.  3.  Tech broke brand new Xbox game disk by moving box while power on.  4.  Tech did not plug refrigerator back in (garage refrig.).  Loss of food and dairy! 5.  Tech Mgr. said would replace game disk.  Gave him receipt, have not heard word back. 6.  Billing Incorrect.  Was not notified of activation charges.  Did not receive appropriate credits. 7.  When tech installed system, order had to be elevated to be corrected.  Tech can confirm that female rep. on speaker hung up on me since I asked for a supervisor, since she said she did not have all access to my info. 8.  The same install date, I spoke with another female from a tech elevation service center and she fixed the problem.  9.  Called service center when bill was received.  The same problems were still at hand.  The billing was much higher.  I should be paying around $150.00 a month.  I am over $200.  The service tech put me on hold forever (with music) and never returned.  I called again.  Explained the problem and asked for a supervisor.  Rep. would not get a supervisor and was argumentative with me.  I closed the call professionally and called again.  The rep. told me supervisor was busy a he (Brandon) would call me back within 24  hours.  Needless to say, no call back.

My response time on my PC is much slower than Comcast.  Verizon has not met their responsibilities.  Our installation is still not correct. 

I would like to remain if my speed increases, my bill is $150/mo. as discussed originally and we get the free DVR and set top box free for life of service as discussed originally.

I would like to be released of our service agreement if not able to meet the original conditions of the contract as discussed by  your trained people on the phone taking the orders. 

Your representatives on the phone are disrespectful, untrained and inexperienced in dealing with customers.  My background includes owning a national software company.  We had telemarketing reps. I feel sorry for the people they do business with.  Surely I am not the only one with complaints.  The whole system is a debacle as it relates from  the point of sale to the installation.  I would be  happy to discuss this a great length as needed.

If this cannot be resolved with the next 30 days, I will go back to Comcast.  We need a strong service provider with good products and people that can support us.

p.s.  What about the damages to my installation?  The Tech Mgr. came by my house to see what happened.  He indicated he would remunerate for the Xbox disk. 

I cannot get any phone support.  What else does one do?  Chat is not live, they are too busy.  Whatup?

Sincerely,

Pamela Collins
0 Likes
Re: FiOS Musings
Chromag

I had some issues when I had my service installed back in late December.  Thankfully the installation techs didn't break anything or screw anything up.  But with regards to your bill being over $200 when it should have been $150 I ran into the EXACT same thing.  Here is what they told me (take it with a grain of salt):

1)  They charge you a month ahead.  So if you were to get your service turned on at the end of a month they wouldn't bill you until the next full billing cycle.  Because of that my bill was higher because it included the partial month.  I also had previous FIOS internet and phone service (but not TV) so some of that was included as well.

2)  Activation charge - I just called and told them that I was told they would wave the activation fee.  They refunded me for the activation fee BUT told me I had to call back the next two months as well because the charge was spread across the first 3 billing cycles.  So far I've been refunded 2/3

3)  Thankfully you didn't have this issue - but I was also charged for an additional outlet installation!?  No idea why - they didn't install any outlet or anything like that.  Like the activation fee they also spread that fee across the first three months and agreed to refund that as well (as long as I remember to keep calling back).

How did you manage getting a DVR and STB for free for life!?   That's a really good deal.  I got no such offer.  That being said - it seems to me that what you posted here should probably be sent as an email to Verizon instead of posted on this forum.  But I'm new to the forum, I could be wrong.

And what's with the weird topic title?

0 Likes