FiOS - NFL Network subscription required - Apple TV 4K
tech112
This seems pretty odd. I have the Custom TV (News and Variety) package which includes NFL Network.  I have confirmed with Verizon that I have NFL Network subscription. I can watch NFL Network on my iPhone and iPad via NFL App, TV and FiOS online with no issue.

For some reason (after authenticating by going to http://www.nfl.com/watch/auth and putting in the code that shows on my NFL App on my Apple TV 4K) when I try to watch NFL Network Live via NFL App on my Apple TV 4K, I get the following below when signing to Verizon:

NFL Network subscription required.

To watch NFL Network, you must subscribe to a FiOS TV package that includes NFL Network, such as Extreme HD or Ultimate HD.

Is there something I'm missing here? Any help would be great! Thank you!

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: FiOS - NFL Network subscription required - Apple TV 4K
jonjones1
Legend

This had me a little confused. On the Apple TV 4K which we have in different rooms you first download the NFL app from the Apple Store. After you download it you then click it open, select your provider from the list and do the Fios login and password.

if you are allowed access to that NFL you may get an authorization on your screen to go to a certain website to get the code. You then will see the screen on the Apple TV change to the NFL opening screen.

this login etc is needed only once. After that clicking the app opens to the content.

i have registered my apps many times and they all work perfectly.

if you have further Apple products like iPhones and iPads you will see the app you downloaded to the tv also appear on these other devices. You again would logon to each device with your credentials you set up for the NFL app.

0 Likes
tech112

I’m doing exactly that but I keep getting  I need a subscription when I try to sign in FiOS to authenticate after inputting the activation code at http://www.nfl.com/watch/auth

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tech11 wrote:

I’m doing exactly that but I keep getting  I need a subscription when I try to sign in FiOS to authenticate after inputting the activation code at http://www.nfl.com/watch/auth

Awhile back i had a similar issue with Acorn tv on Apple TV 4th. Generation HD

after Apple did a update. I kept getting thrown out of something I was watching the day before. Of course Acorn blamed Apple and Apple stated it has to be the providers app since Apple has nothing to do with the app developers and or their updating the app to function with their iOS. It made sense.

The only thing I can tell you is to keep on Verizon’s back. I would also take a cellular device and try logging in through the NFL app that way.

if you can get through that way, then you know it has to be a fiber internet issue.

that is what I did on the Acorn situation. I could log in from the web, the nexus tablet, and it showed that it was an Acorn issue. 

Call 1-800-VERIZON see if they can assist.

0 Likes
tech112

See that’s the thing. I can view on my phone, iPad and online but for some reason not on AppleTV 4K. They keep telling me to talk to Apple and NFL App Support but I feel like it’s an issue on the Verizon side since it’s saying I don’t have a subscription. I don’t see how AppleTV 4K can be causing an issue 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tech11 wrote:

See that’s the thing. I can view on my phone, iPad and online but for some reason not on AppleTV 4K. They keep telling me to talk to Apple and NFL App Support but I feel like it’s an issue on the Verizon side since it’s saying I don’t have a subscription. I don’t see how AppleTV 4K can be causing an issue 

That’s correct it’s not the Apple TV like I said it worked on other devices.

but the app developer for NFL is the problem. The app evidently was not made to support Apple TV (Apple uses tvOS version changes with each update)

as Apple stated to me it is the app developer that has to make the changes. Since you have nfl ability on other devices you know where the fault lays. NFL not Fios 

0 Likes
tech112

THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO NFL APP SUPPORT

I was able to confirm that I am subscribed (FiOS Cable) but for some reason when I try to authorize via the NFL App in attempt to watch NFL Network Live on my Apple TV 4K, I get a message stating that I need to be subscribed (in which I am). I confirmed with Verizon Tech Support that everything is good on their end. They are thinking it might be something that's not syncing between my FiOS account and NFL App on Apple TV 4K. I've also talked to Apple and they are good on their end as well.

Is the NFL App not configured for AppleTV 4K? I can access an watch NFL Network Live on the NFL App on my iPhone, iPad, and FiOS online. with no issue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tech11 wrote:

THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO NFL APP SUPPORT

I was able to confirm that I am subscribed (FiOS Cable) but for some reason when I try to authorize via the NFL App in attempt to watch NFL Network Live on my Apple TV 4K, I get a message stating that I need to be subscribed (in which I am). I confirmed with Verizon Tech Support that everything is good on their end. They are thinking it might be something that's not syncing between my FiOS account and NFL App on Apple TV 4K. I've also talked to Apple and they are good on their end as well.

Is the NFL App not configured for AppleTV 4K? I can access an watch NFL Network Live on the NFL App on my iPhone, iPad, and FiOS online. with no issue.

Perfect. That is what I did with my service that did not function. After a week it was back to normal.

another procedure to try is go into Apple TV settings and reset it back to brand new.

then load your apps back on (this I tried as one of acorns ideas, it did not fix the situation. They also said to long press the app until it wiggles and delete it, then reinstall the app. This also did no good) so it’s just a suggestion to consider.

0 Likes
tech112

Yea I’ve already deleted the app and reinstalled on the ATV4K. No luck there. At this point I’m just waiting for the NFL App Support to respond back to this issue. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tech11 wrote:

Yea I’ve already deleted the app and reinstalled on the ATV4K. No luck there. At this point I’m just waiting for the NFL App Support to respond back to this issue. 

Hope it works out for you...😀

0 Likes