Fios on Xbox live
Dutch421
Contributor - Level 1

Fios on Xbox 360 live( 26 channels)....is now up and running. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios on Xbox live
wadejjbj1
cool for you cant get it to work for me
0 Likes
Mike482361

I spent quite a bit of time with sales and tech support because I could not use the app. This is what I learned:

In order for the App to work, your account must meet 4 requirements:

1. You must have both Fios TV & Internet

2. You must have a 35/35 data plan

3. You must have bi-directional data (would be obvious, I think)

4. Must have a TV Package with HBO & Cinemax

The advertised criteria for this service is Fios TV & Internet, plus Xbox Live Gold subscription. So the criteria of the 35/35 data plan and the HBO/Cinemax channels are publicly undisclosed.

I have the 35/35 Internet & Cinemax, but no HBO; so I am unable to use the app. Calling billing about this in the morning. I'll be pretty upset if they make me buy more services to use this (especially when not advertised that way, and after not letting me get the promotional packages with my existing plan)!

0 Likes
chewypgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Mike48236 wrote:

I spent quite a bit of time with sales and tech support because I could not use the app. This is what I learned:

In order for the App to work, your account must meet 4 requirements:

1. You must have both Fios TV & Internet

2. You must have a 35/35 data plan

3. You must have bi-directional data (would be obvious, I think)

4. Must have a TV Package with HBO & Cinemax

The advertised criteria for this service is Fios TV & Internet, plus Xbox Live Gold subscription. So the criteria of the 35/35 data plan and the HBO/Cinemax channels are publicly undisclosed.

I have the 35/35 Internet & Cinemax, but no HBO; so I am unable to use the app. Calling billing about this in the morning. I'll be pretty upset if they make me buy more services to use this (especially when not advertised that way, and after not letting me get the promotional packages with my existing plan)!

You got some bad information. You do not need 35/35 or HBO/Cinemax for the app to work. I have 25/25 and do not have HBO/Cinemax and the app works fine for me. I cannot use the HBO/Cinemax channels since I don't subscribe to them, but the other channels worked fine.

0 Likes
MisterZooler

I currently have Frio TV with HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Stars Internet is 25/25 and telephone and can not use the Xbox app. 

0 Likes
nubetube
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the app on the 13th and was not able to get it to work.  On the 14th I tried again and was able to get it to work with no issues.  Unfortunately I did nothing to get it to work so this is nothing more than letting people know that it does work.  I have the 25/25 plan with the Ultimate tv package.  Cinemax does not work but I believe that is a known issue that happens when you upgrade to the ultimate package which I have done.

0 Likes
Re: thier on Xbox live
ositos2001

Does anyone really know why its not working for some. I have the highest tiered package for tv with all movie channels as well as 35/35 service. I called Customer service and they told me thier is an outage in the are for this service. They couldn't elaborate.... and I have a friend who only lives 5 miles away and they can use it just fine.... What the hell is going on --- this a is not the way they should launch a new service....

0 Likes
JenniferEve69
Enthusiast - Level 2

If this is why my Verizon app doesn't work on my xBox Live then their advertising department should be held responsible for hiding important criteria that need to be met first. This is a fine way to lose Many customers by false advertisement, its misleading. Maybe a phone call to the Attorney Generals office might help

0 Likes
JenniferEve69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the app and its working however for only a handful of channels. I pay for many more channels than 5. So it's not working for me as well.

0 Likes
Re: thier on Xbox live
JenniferEve69
Enthusiast - Level 2

kudos - since I'm unable to check the thumbs up

0 Likes