Re: Fios One audio sync issue
Itsverna
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wanted to add, this problem is an issue with other brand tvs too, so it's highly unlikely  a tv processing issue cause, but the stb, ONT, bad cables, or Verizon's end. Im using older FiOS boxes and this occurs with both soundbar audio and tv sound only on a fully updated 2020 Vizio mseries m658g1 4k tv, a v series, and a RCA non smart tv. This doesn't happen with any other source, from stream apps via a cube, chromecast, Smar tcast live channels, Xbox via HDMI in or to native apps. Only problem is the fios cable. A reset of box sometimes helps the lag but this is not a solution.. Pcm limits the sound to 2 channel so that isn't a solution either. I have an HDMI in on barbut am using it for Xbox to get Atmos sound as my tv doesn't support Atmos passthrough but it doesnt help lag anyway.. Even with tv audio settings adjusted to pcm and low latency game mode on, nothing changes, so its gotta be the way Verizon decodes the picture and audio. It's frustrating that Verizon hasn't acknowledged the issue or even has a timeline for a fix given the amount of complaints. I can't even get on a support call with Verizon because my mother on the bill works during their support hours, yet support always insists on sending a security verification to her email or phone during the call despite telling them she can't respond. We are about ready to cancel service after 6yrs due to this on top of the poor wifi, removal of router custom settings like u pnp, Nat not staying Open, and the often pixelated channels and dvr recordings. If anyone knows how to get generalized support without security verification before 7 from Verizon or help after 7pm it would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Itsverna wrote:

Wanted to add, this problem is an issue with other brand tvs too, so it's highly unlikely  a tv processing issue cause, but the stb, ONT, bad cables, or Verizon's end. Im using older FiOS boxes and this occurs with both soundbar audio and tv sound only on a fully updated 2020 Vizio mseries m658g1 4k tv, a v series, and a RCA non smart tv. This doesn't happen with any other source, from stream apps via a cube, chromecast, Smar tcast live channels, Xbox via HDMI in or to native apps. Only problem is the fios cable. A reset of box sometimes helps the lag but this is not a solution.. Pcm limits the sound to 2 channel so that isn't a solution either. I have an HDMI in on barbut am using it for Xbox to get Atmos sound as my tv doesn't support Atmos passthrough but it doesnt help lag anyway.. Even with tv audio settings adjusted to pcm and low latency game mode on, nothing changes, so its gotta be the way Verizon decodes the picture and audio. It's frustrating that Verizon hasn't acknowledged the issue or even has a timeline for a fix given the amount of complaints. I can't even get on a support call with Verizon because my mother on the bill works during their support hours, yet support always insists on sending a security verification to her email or phone during the call despite telling them she can't respond. We are about ready to cancel service after 6yrs due to this on top of the poor wifi, removal of router custom settings like u pnp, Nat not staying Open, and the often pixelated channels and dvr recordings. If anyone knows how to get generalized support without security verification before 7 from Verizon or help after 7pm it would be appreciated. 

I assume you have audio BEHIND video issues and audio delay would not help you. To contact support try this:

1. @VerizonSupport via Twitter (this is the same team that handles vzdirect on dslreports.com)

2. Fios Facebook page

3. Chat

4. Community

5. dslreports.com or YouTube

6. 800 number should always be the last resort

CoTuPop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really think the problem is the Samsung Frame TV processing (that’s the tv I’m having the issues with). I have two other TVs in the house with Fios cable and the sync problem doesn’t happen. I don’t think this is a Fios issue.

CoTuPop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just made a separate reply — it is ONLY happening on my Samsung Frame TV. Doesn’t happen on one of my “dumb” TVs nor does it happen on another brand smart TV. Really makes me think it is the Samsung - especially the frame bc there is a separate connection between the TV “brains” and the screen. So it goes cable to Fios Box > Fios Box to Frame TV BOX via HDMI  > proprietary cable from Frame Tv box to Frame TV screen… it just seems like something is getting delayed in the multiple hops. I don’t know… it is driving me nuts tho.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CoTuPop wrote:

Just made a separate reply — it is ONLY happening on my Samsung Frame TV. Doesn’t happen on one of my “dumb” TVs nor does it happen on another brand smart TV. Really makes me think it is the Samsung - especially the frame bc there is a separate connection between the TV “brains” and the screen. So it goes cable to Fios Box > Fios Box to Frame TV BOX via HDMI  > proprietary cable from Frame Tv box to Frame TV screen… it just seems like something is getting delayed in the multiple hops. I don’t know… it is driving me nuts tho.

Does the TV box have an optical input? If so try running the optical out from the Fios box to the optical in of the TV box. Samsung had acknowledged a firmware issue in another version of their TVs that caused audio behind video, maybe yours is affected too. Give them a shout for a firmware update to fix the problem if there is no optical input. Also try: Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio> Audio selection and toggle it off. Also see if changing the Dynamic Range setting to none helps. Could also look at different audio passthrough settings. Shot in the dark.

budiac

Try changing the video on the STB to 1080i or one of the other video settings

0 Likes
Benedsha
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have a Samsung QN90A 65” and Fios TV One with a Samsung QW850A sound bar.   I tried everything, had Verizon tech on site etc… and the only thing that works is running the HDMI from STB directly to the sound bar and then the sound bar is connected to the HDMI 3 (eArc).  It completely solved this issue but made the Samsung Smart remote control a little wonky so I still need to figure that out but NO MORE LATENCY 

0 Likes
Benedsha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Should also note that my sound bar has two HDMI ports which may not be the case for some sound bars.  

0 Likes
het100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct, not an option for Sonos Arc with only one hdmi port. Stuck with PCM when watching via the fios one stb. No issues with internal TV streaming apps. 

0 Likes
het100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Months later and still forced to use inferior pcm setting on Fios one stb due to video ahead of audio on my Samsung Q90. It's terrible that Samsung either can't or won't send an update to adjust video delay the way they do with audio delay, which would solve the problem. Anyone hear any rumors for such feature in a future update? Thanks! 

0 Likes