Fios One Mini Not activating
kroyal1

Hi all,

NOTE: I do not have a Verizon router.  My primary STB has always been connected to COAX and i then have an actiontec MOCA 2.5 adapter connected to my core switch, and connected to the COAX.  My secondary STB/Client box was then just connected directly to ethernet. Everything worked flawlessly

I decided to re'up with Verizon since moving and took advantage of the FOC upgrade to Fios TV One equipment, given my existing stuff was 7 years old.

Setup the new Fios One TV Primary STB exactly the same as my old box.  Worked the same way.  However when i connect the Fios One Mini to my network over ethernet it will not activate/find the primary STB.  I can see it gets an IP address, and if i go into the config page i can see it's getting time synchronization from "somewhere" but it just won't activated.

Am i doing something crazy?  Verizon have known that I don't have one of their routers for years so I can't believe they would've sent me this equipment knowing it wouldn't work?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios One Mini Not activating
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try activating it on coax first. Then move it to ethernet afterwards. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try activating it on coax first. Then move it to ethernet afterwards. 

nlampton1

Were you able to get this fixed?  I have the same setup and the same issue.  Verizon tech support was completely useless.  If you don't rent their router then they won't help.  I've tried over COAX and Ethernet. It gets an IP address both ways but continues to say "unable to locate router".

0 Likes