Fios One Mini Tv Glitches
SummerBreeze1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently decided to upgrade to Fios One with the mini as we were updating our upstairs and did not want to have another hole drilled thru our new flooring.  Our main box is wired via coax to in our family room in the basement directly below the room where our main TV is with the Fios mini box which is setup wireless.

We continue to have some days where everything works fine and others where we have screen glitches: freezing, blips, etc.  We have no issues with other wi-fi in our home.  I have called customer service for answers on how to fix this and was told various items from various customer service reps:

1. I only had one option: buy their extender which has to be hard wired via a coax into another room of my home.  Now, why would I drill thru another room when I did not want to drill in the first place?

2. I asked can't I just get a wi-fi extender and was told only Verizon's hard wired coax for wif-fi extension works.

3. Then, I got told, no, just upgrade your router to the new wireless home router and it will fix everything.

So, 3 different answers, hours and hours of phone calls and no resolution.  I was offered a credit for my issues for one month and then turns out, the credit was posted as a charge and not a credit so yet another phone call to resolve my billing issues.

I am very frustrated as I don't want to have to sit in my basement only to watch TV but I can't seem to get any help or one straight answer.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios One Mini Tv Glitches
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SummerBreeze wrote:

We recently decided to upgrade to Fios One with the mini as we were updating our upstairs and did not want to have another hole drilled thru our new flooring.  Our main box is wired via coax to in our family room in the basement directly below the room where our main TV is with the Fios mini box which is setup wireless.

We continue to have some days where everything works fine and others where we have screen glitches: freezing, blips, etc.  We have no issues with other wi-fi in our home.  I have called customer service for answers on how to fix this and was told various items from various customer service reps:

1. I only had one option: buy their extender which has to be hard wired via a coax into another room of my home.  Now, why would I drill thru another room when I did not want to drill in the first place?

2. I asked can't I just get a wi-fi extender and was told only Verizon's hard wired coax for wif-fi extension works.

3. Then, I got told, no, just upgrade your router to the new wireless home router and it will fix everything.

So, 3 different answers, hours and hours of phone calls and no resolution.  I was offered a credit for my issues for one month and then turns out, the credit was posted as a charge and not a credit so yet another phone call to resolve my billing issues.

I am very frustrated as I don't want to have to sit in my basement only to watch TV but I can't seem to get any help or one straight answer.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I could be wrong, but I thought you could use a WiFi extender that gets hardwired to the mini, as long as it is on the Fios Routers SSID. You connect the mini through the extender, using either an ethernet cable, or coax depending on the extender you use. The mini has to be removed from the system first, then connected to the extender, then re-discovered by the VMS.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

As an alternative, would it be possible to have an electrician run either coaxial or Ethernet cable through a wall in the second room down to the Family Room and install an electrical box in both rooms with either an F connector/faceplate or 8p8c Ethernet jack and faceplate 🤔 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SummerBreeze wrote:

I could be wrong, but I thought you could use a WiFi extender that gets hardwired to the mini, as long as it is on the Fios Routers SSID. You connect the mini through the extender, using either an ethernet cable, or coax depending on the extender you use. The mini has to be removed from the system first, then connected to the extender, then re-discovered by the VMS.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes