Fios One STB - TV turning back on after powering off with remote
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

When hitting the power button, the TV turns off but then about a minute or two later, the screen is filled with the Verizon logo to hit any key to watch TV. How can I get the TV to remain off when I hit the power button the first time on the remote? This seems to be happening on my smart TV sets.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios One STB - TV turning back on after powering off with remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rick5472 wrote:

The TV turns off then back on with the Fios logo to hit any key to watch TV. Apparently the STB turns off but the TV turns back on with that screen showing. 

Check the TV's CEC controls, like Samsung's Anynet+, Sony Bravia Sync, etc and see if there is an option for powering on the TV when a source is powered up and disable it. The Fios box never really turns off, so that may be the problem. Also look here, and disable the TV Input Control. Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would re-pair the Fios remote with the TV to see if that helps.

Can it be doubly confirmed that the TV is turning off? 🤔

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

The TV turns off then back on with the Fios logo to hit any key to watch TV. Apparently the STB turns off but the TV turns back on with that screen showing. 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the on/off button on the remote control being used to turn everything off, or is the power button on the STB?

A quick question: which STB is being used? 🤔

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rick5472 wrote:

Check the TV's CEC controls, like Samsung's Anynet+, Sony Bravia Sync, etc and see if there is an option for powering on the TV when a source is powered up and disable it. The Fios box never really turns off, so that may be the problem. Also look here, and disable the TV Input Control. Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

The TV input Control in the STB settings is set as “Disable”. I use the Samsung TVs Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) settings turned on to control the sound bar with the remote. When turning off I use the STB remote…normally. If I use the TVs remote the screen sometimes pops back up and I have to turn it off again

0 Likes
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Yes using the STB remote usually. Sometimes I use the TV remote. I have the Fios One boxes.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rick5472 wrote:

Yes using the STB remote usually. Sometimes I use the TV remote. I have the Fios One boxes.

Is there a way to turn off Anynet+ on the Samsung TV for the Fios box input? You want that input to not switch on when sensing an input.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

When I turn off Anynet+ the sound bar sound goes off and the sound reverts to the TV speakers.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rick5472 wrote:
When I turn off Anynet+ the sound bar sound goes off and the sound reverts to the TV...

Try leaving Anynet+ off and setup the soundbar to work with the Fios remote.

How to program your remote control

Steps to pair your Fios TV Voice Remote with Fios TV One or Fios TV One Mini.

1. Point the Fios TV Voice Remote toward the Fios TV One you wish to pair it with,
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and “O” buttons at the same time,
  3. Release the buttons when the blue light starts flashing on the Fios TV Voice Remote,
  4. When the blue light stops flashing on the Fios TV Voice Remote, your Fios TV Voice Remote is connected, paired and ready for use.

Steps to control your TV or Audio using your Fios TV Voice Remote.

After you’ve paired your Fios TV Voice Remote to your set top box, HDMI-connected TVs and Audio systems should automatically be detected and be controlled by your Fios TV Voice Remote.

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Automatic Setup
      1. Once the automatic setup completes you’ll see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen,
      2. If this does not work for you, please skip to step 2.
      3. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup
        1. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps,
        2. You will see a “Success” message in the top right of the TV screen when the setup is complete.

Use this to program the soundbar as an audio device.

@Rick5472