Re: Fios One STB - TV turning back on after powering off with remote
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

I turned off the Anynet+ on my other Samsung TV (without soundbar) and the Verizon (press any key) screen comes on when turning off with the Fios remote so it is still happening. This must be a global problem but haven't yet found the right setup to have the remote turn off the TV and stay off.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Rick5472 wrote:

I turned off the Anynet+ on my other Samsung TV (without soundbar) and the Verizon (press any key) screen comes on when turning off with the Fios remote so it is still happening. This must be a global problem but haven't yet found the right setup to have the remote turn off the TV and stay off.

Did you try un-programming the remote and re-programming it manually for the TV and the soundbar?

Does the TV actually turn off then turn back on, or does it not turn off at all. If you see the Verizon screen saver then the Fios box is turning off.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Yes...I repaired and programmed the Fios One remote after turning off the Anynet+ feature. I was under the impression that if the Verizon One boxes do not turn off and that the screen that says "press any key (on the remote)" to watch TV was from the STB. The TV must be remaining on to display that screen.

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Rick5472 wrote:

Yes...I repaired and programmed the Fios One remote after turning off the Anynet+ feature. I was under the impression that if the Verizon One boxes do not turn off and that the screen that says "press any key (on the remote)" to watch TV was from the STB. The TV must be remaining on to display that screen.

If the TV is remaining on, you have the wrong codes programmed into the remote for the TV. Try using a different model, or keep trying the programming sequence until the TV turns off, then accept the programming.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

The remote was programmed automatically. No codes were entered manually other than to press the pause and 0 zero key and aim the remote at the box.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Rick5472 wrote:

The remote was programmed automatically. No codes were entered manually other than to press the pause and 0 zero key and aim the remote at the box.

I'd try going through the process again to make sure the remote turns off the TV. There also is a way to input codes to the remote, check here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control/tv-remote-codes