FIOS ONT backup battery
cjmac49
Enthusiast - Level 1

If your ONT backup battery fails after 1 year Verizon wants the customer to pay for a new one.  I looked up the battery manufacturer and their warrantee is longer than one year.  It is possible that GS Battery will replace your battery under warrantee for just return shipping.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS ONT backup battery
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1
cjmac49 wrote:

If your ONT backup battery fails after 1 year Verizon wants the customer to pay for a new one ... the battery manufacturer ... warrantee is longer than one year.  It is possible that GS Battery will replace your battery under warrantee for just return shipping [?] ...

Interesting and thought provoking question. Without asking my attorney wife her view, I will hazard a few guesses.

First, although I looked at the GS Battery page I did not read the warranty details.  Typically a warranty is non-transferable and pertains only to the original purchaser, in this case Verizon Communications or more likely an OEM supplier.  If this applies, they will refuse.

Second, you have no evidence that the battery is within the 3 year warranty period, even if the warranty is transferable.  That's because you most likely cannot identify the date of purchase.  Remember that the equipment issued by Verizon is often not new, but instead reconditioned or simply used.  It's possible that each battery has a batch number and date of manufacture somewhere on the label, but even then it sounds like a stretch.

Why not pursue this line of inquiry and let the readers here know what happens?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS ONT backup battery
aliasneo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well when you receive a remote from FIOS and the remote batteries runs off, you never run to Verizon asking for a battery replacement for the remote, Do you?

Verizon is bein very reasonable here, Verizon pays for the battery waranty until 1 year of the battery being installed at your home, understandable that sometimes you get equipment which has been used however the warranty will stay for 1 year from the date of it being installed at your home, if you have issue within 1 year doesnot Verizon replace it free for you ??

So just relax its just a battery.

0 Likes