Fios problems since recent install
ddmuffinman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try try to make this as brief as possible. Had triple play installed last Friday(6/14) with MRDVR in Den, HD set top box in master bedroom & digital adapter in spare bedroom. On Sat. I lost internet access and had to call tech support. Rep.sent signal to router, problem fixed. On Sunday, guide on tv in den was completely blank for every day. Call tech support again, after lengthy delay finally get a real person told to turn off router wait 10 seconds turn back on then go unplug MRDVR wait 10 seconds turn back on, guide is filled in. Also Sunday, called Id not showing up on tv try to troubleshoot message to call Verizon, call tech support again, rep.discovers that in their system they have reversed my equipment, they show MRDVR in bedroom and set top box in den! Rep. fixes this sends signal to MRDVR, caller ID works. Yesterday(WEd.) caller ID not working again on tv in den, try to troubleshoot again,no luck. Call tech support(AGAIN) told there must be a problem with IP address with router, they send another signal to MRDVR, called ID works again. I ask should router be replaced, since I've had all these issues in a few short days, told no, it should be fine now. Last night, I'm watching tv in master bedroom, push On Demand button on remote, message comes up that box is NOT connected, call Verizon. Call again(5 times in 5 days) tech sends signal to set top box, On DEmand comes on. I tell tech that I am very frustrated with FIOS after having all these problems since last Friday install.His reply is anything else I can help you with? No sympathy at all for a new customer! I thought that Verizon would be better than Comcast, but it appears that I was wrong! Am I having bad luck or does Verizon have equipment issues?Thanks! 

0 Likes