FIOS Remote as a Tivo Series2 replacement
squidbitz

I programmed my FIOS remote so that I can retrieve recordings from my Tivo but I can't figure out how to record a showing that I am not already watching.  I can not get the Tivo directory only the FIOS one, and I can not change channels through the TIVO only through the FIOS STB, any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Remote as a Tivo Series2 replacement
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I don't believe the Series 2 has a QAM tuner (one of our TIVO gurus can correct me if I'm wrong).  There are no analog signals on FiOS only digital QAM.  The HD or Series 3 support  this with a cable card.

In order to record you will either have to either record what you are watching or get another STB to hook up to the TIVO.  Try taking a look at THIS THREAD.  KenAF has a reply to a poster that should help.

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
The OP may also consider a Harmony remote. I use the Harmony 670. It controls my 6416-2, my TiVo HD, my Yamaha H/T and my HD DVD player separetly or together with no problems!
0 Likes
uguessedit
Nope, Series II does not have QAM tuner; you are correct Keyboards. You either need another STB or the DCT700 boxes from Verizon. You could buy a DVD recorder with a clear QAM tuner too. Why you would want to replace the Tivo remote with the FIOS remote is beyond me however. The FIOS remote is horrible compared to the Tivo backlite one!
0 Likes