Re: Fios screen (TV) goes black, but I still have audio
Ford121303

Mine just started doing this too. The tv  and box aren’t that old either. 

0 Likes
Tamster1

This has happened to me several times.  I am livid!  I tried to contact Verizon, but it's Sunday and I only get the "chat with us" option, which is a joke.  It tries to troubleshoot, then says it found a problem with the "video service", tries to do a reboot and then I get a message, "Something went wrong"!  No kidding!  Nothing further happens and could not talk/text with a real person.  Terrible!  This happened to me twice today.  Didn't have any TV video for most of the day.  I'll see what Comcast can offer me!  Terrible, terrible service, Verizon!

0 Likes
skonthebass

I have this problem it seems like every single morning.   I have an LG TV and this only started happening recently when I updated to Quantam gateway service (Verizon sent new media server and clients) and a new 3110 router.  The TV response (when it's working) is great remote response time used to be a real issue.  But this having to reboot the client EVERY day is annoying and unacceptable as a solution.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@skonthebass wrote:

I have this problem it seems like every single morning.   I have an LG TV and this only started happening recently when I updated to Quantam gateway service (Verizon sent new media server and clients) and a new 3110 router.  The TV response (when it's working) is great remote response time used to be a real issue.  But this having to reboot the client EVERY day is annoying and unacceptable as a solution.

Try unplugging the Fios box from the wall, and unplugging the HDMI cable from the TV and the box after shutting off the TV. Plug the Fios box power back in, and turn it on. Wait about 1 minute, turn the TV back on, then plug the HDMI cable back in between the Fios box and the TV. Also check the Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings>Video Format and see if it is 2160P, or 1080P. If 2160 make sure the input on the TV the Fios box is connected to is setup for 2160p, or set to auto with expanded color.

NoPicture

October 2022 - just started having this issue. It began instantly after I downloaded the Fios app on my apple tv. where's this update we've been hearing about for over a year?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NoPicture wrote:

October 2022 - just started having this issue. It began instantly after I downloaded the Fios app on my apple tv. where's this update we've been hearing about for over a year?

Did you try the above procedure? Usually loss of video with HDMI is a handshake issue, and the two devices need to "find" each other again. Also it could be a resolution issue as the Fios box looks at the attached devices resolution capabilities before making a connection. IT checks every time it is turned on. Is your issue with a Fios box, or an Apple TV?