FiOS TV app configuration..
idiot_wind
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings all,

This is more of an annoyance then a problem but when I log into the "My Fios" app on my tablet about halfway down the page I am presented with the "Don't miss" section.  Seems like the only programing that you should not miss is on CNN and MSNBC.  I watch neither of these stations or their programing for a multitude of reasons.  So my question for the "Don't miss" section is, is there a way to update with the programing that I "Don't want to miss" based on my previous viewing, get rid of it all together, or move it to a different place on the page?  In my personal experience with using the app works as it works correctly about  80%  of the time when I'm in network and 30% when outside of my network, so the few times that I need to use it I would rather not be told what I shouldn't miss.  Yes, it would be more important for the developers to get the app to work flawlessly then moving around some content but since this app never worked correctly in the 10+ years of me having FiOS I don't see them fixing the reliability aspect anytime soon.   Maybe they can give us an option to layout a page the way we want, I don't think that is too much to ask from a tier 1 operator and I am thinking that it would be less work for the developers...   On the other hand I know that nothing beats FiOS network reliability and speed in my area, so the foundation is good, the bells and whistles not so much.  I have and stayed with FiOS because of the core infrastructure not for the bells and whistles. 

Thanks in advance for any directions...

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV app configuration..
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@idiot_wind wrote:

Greetings all,

This is more of an annoyance then a problem but when I log into the "My Fios" app on my tablet about halfway down the page I am presented with the "Don't miss" section.  Seems like the only programing that you should not miss is on CNN and MSNBC.  I watch neither of these stations or their programing for a multitude of reasons.  So my question for the "Don't miss" section is, is there a way to update with the programing that I "Don't want to miss" based on my previous viewing, get rid of it all together, or move it to a different place on the page?  In my personal experience with using the app works as it works correctly about  80%  of the time when I'm in network and 30% when outside of my network, so the few times that I need to use it I would rather not be told what I shouldn't miss.  Yes, it would be more important for the developers to get the app to work flawlessly then moving around some content but since this app never worked correctly in the 10+ years of me having FiOS I don't see them fixing the reliability aspect anytime soon.   Maybe they can give us an option to layout a page the way we want, I don't think that is too much to ask from a tier 1 operator and I am thinking that it would be less work for the developers...   On the other hand I know that nothing beats FiOS network reliability and speed in my area, so the foundation is good, the bells and whistles not so much.  I have and stayed with FiOS because of the core infrastructure not for the bells and whistles. 

You could try: menu>DVR>configure and upgrade>all activity. That would list the movie at or near the top. Also check under default series options>priority and make the list oldest first. Or menu>search, click on my stuff tab at top, look at recently watched.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS TV app configuration..
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clem53 wrote:

@idiot_wind wrote:

Greetings all,

You could try: menu>DVR>configure and upgrade>all activity. That would list the movie at or near the top. Also check under default series options>priority and make the list oldest first. Or menu>search, click on my stuff tab at top, look at recently watched.

Sorry, my response was posted in the wrong thread, although some of this could help you sort things out better.

0 Likes