Fios TV App pixelates
Curt12

Problem is with Verizon TV App. We get frequent pixelation, regardless of what mobile device we use (latest iPad Air, iPhone 8). It is ongoing and has occurred for a while. We do not get the problem using other streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, You Tube). Problem persists regardless of whether other streaming services are running concurrently. Problem is most pronounced in evening. We have rebooted routers, devices set top boxes to no avail.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App pixelates
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Curt1 wrote:

Problem is with Verizon TV App. We get frequent pixelation, regardless of what mobile device we use (latest iPad Air, iPhone 8). It is ongoing and has occurred for a while. We do not get the problem using other streaming services (Netflix, Prime Video, You Tube). Problem persists regardless of whether other streaming services are running concurrently. Problem is most pronounced in evening. We have rebooted routers, devices set top boxes to no avail.

Are your devices connecting on the 5ghz network? What do you get for the Fios speed test when the device gives you problems? Is the Fios App the only one running on the device when you are using it?

Curt12

Our router is set up with the dynamic frequency selection option.  Our device speed tests are typically in the 300 to 350 mbps range.  We get pixelation both when other devices are streaming video and when the Fios app is the only active streaming service.  It really does not seem to be a household network speed or bandwidth issue.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Curt1 wrote:

Our router is set up with the dynamic frequency selection option.  Our device speed tests are typically in the 300 to 350 mbps range.  We get pixelation both when other devices are streaming video and when the Fios app is the only active streaming service.  It really does not seem to be a household network speed or bandwidth issue.

Based on those speed results, you don't have any network issues. There should be no problems down to 20mbps for a single stream. I assume you've deleted and re-downloaded and re-installed the app. Make sure you clear the stored data and cache when you do.

Curt12

Thanks for your suggestions.  We did as advised, deleting app, deleting website data, reloading app, and bad intermittent pixelation persisted.  A device speed test on my iPad while wife was watching pixelation on hers showed a download speed of 315 mbps.  What else could be going on?

0 Likes
Pdibby23

I have the exact same issue for months now. It’s a joke.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pdibby23 wrote:

I have the exact same issue for months now. It’s a joke.

Support is looking into a possible firmware issue with the VMS boxes. I'll post when they have a solution.

0 Likes