FIOS TV BOX SECOND REPLACEMENT****Please help****
JJOHN22042

Ok someone please help me on this new to Fios. Had a storm and Fios box at TV set died. Got a replacement box and now a second storm comes and the box smelled like it was burning and died this also killed my TV set. Called Verizon and got a replacement box but now have to replace the TV set. Did Verizon do something wrong during install of Fios?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV BOX SECOND REPLACEMENT****Please help****
PJL
Master - Level 3

@JJOHN22042 wrote:

... Did Verizon do something wrong during install of Fios?

I doubt it.  This sounds like your house electrical system was the entry point of what were probably lightning strikes (not necessarily at your house but on the electrical grip somewhere close), and that the equipment failures are a result of fried power supplies within the units (which is what you are describing).  FiOS is delivered via fiber to the house, and obviously cannot be impacted by lightening via the fiber so that is not an entry point.  The lightening strike likely entered your house via your power line.  House power is not filtered unless you use surge protectors.  You were probably lucky that the first storm only took out the STB.  It sounds like the second fried your TV as well.

0 Likes