Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Fios TV keeps freezing

SOLVED
cfetter25
Contributor
Contributor

Fios TV keeps freezing

Message 1 of 5
(1,067 Views)

Every time I try to watch TV it freezes and resets.  Freezing/pausing happens almost immediately.  Netflix and streaming all work fine.   All recorded shows on DVR cannot be watched either. I have been on and off with Verizon multiple times with no resolution.  They need me to be home to diagnose the problem.  Paying 200 a month for a service I can't even use is beyond frustrating.  I have requested a technician or new equipment and they won't fulfill my request.  So I just keep paying for a service I have not been able to use.  How is this acceptable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
clem53
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Fios TV keeps freezing

Message 4 of 5
(914 Views)

@appalled1 wrote:

I have the same problem, and don't even have a DVR hooked up into it...I am scared if I do that the TV will stop working all together.   Because I work during the day, I can only call at night, and guess who we get?  INDIA!!!

I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Have you tried this:

Unplug power to router. Unplug power to Fios box. Plug router back in, wait until it is stable, power Fios box back up. Also check all coax connections. Do you have a newer ONT or an old one? New unit is black, with a lot of ventilation holes. Also when program freezes go here and see what the SNR is:

Main Menu > Settings > System Information. If it is not GOOD, you should try replacing the splitter first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 2 of 5
(1,039 Views)

This one reads like a hardware issue and will need to be resolved by Verizon.

What is the make & model of the DVR unit?

appalled1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(920 Views)

I have the same problem, and don't even have a DVR hooked up into it...I am scared if I do that the TV will stop working all together.   Because I work during the day, I can only call at night, and guess who we get?  INDIA!!!

clem53
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(915 Views)

@appalled1 wrote:

Have you tried this:

Unplug power to router. Unplug power to Fios box. Plug router back in, wait until it is stable, power Fios box back up. Also check all coax connections. Do you have a newer ONT or an old one? New unit is black, with a lot of ventilation holes. Also when program freezes go here and see what the SNR is:

Main Menu > Settings > System Information. If it is not GOOD, you should try replacing the splitter first.

dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(897 Views)

When television service experiences problems, I always suggest a complete review of connectors & splitters as one of the troubleshooting steps.

Unterminated ports on splitters can cause issues. Poorly applied connectors are another source of problems.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title