Fios TV keeps freezing
cfetter25
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every time I try to watch TV it freezes and resets.  Freezing/pausing happens almost immediately.  Netflix and streaming all work fine.   All recorded shows on DVR cannot be watched either. I have been on and off with Verizon multiple times with no resolution.  They need me to be home to diagnose the problem.  Paying 200 a month for a service I can't even use is beyond frustrating.  I have requested a technician or new equipment and they won't fulfill my request.  So I just keep paying for a service I have not been able to use.  How is this acceptable?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV keeps freezing
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@appalled1 wrote:

I have the same problem, and don't even have a DVR hooked up into it...I am scared if I do that the TV will stop working all together.   Because I work during the day, I can only call at night, and guess who we get?  INDIA!!!

I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Have you tried this:

Unplug power to router. Unplug power to Fios box. Plug router back in, wait until it is stable, power Fios box back up. Also check all coax connections. Do you have a newer ONT or an old one? New unit is black, with a lot of ventilation holes. Also when program freezes go here and see what the SNR is:

Main Menu > Settings > System Information. If it is not GOOD, you should try replacing the splitter first.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

This one reads like a hardware issue and will need to be resolved by Verizon.

What is the make & model of the DVR unit?

appalled1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, and don't even have a DVR hooked up into it...I am scared if I do that the TV will stop working all together.   Because I work during the day, I can only call at night, and guess who we get?  INDIA!!!

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@appalled1 wrote:

Have you tried this:

Unplug power to router. Unplug power to Fios box. Plug router back in, wait until it is stable, power Fios box back up. Also check all coax connections. Do you have a newer ONT or an old one? New unit is black, with a lot of ventilation holes. Also when program freezes go here and see what the SNR is:

Main Menu > Settings > System Information. If it is not GOOD, you should try replacing the splitter first.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

When television service experiences problems, I always suggest a complete review of connectors & splitters as one of the troubleshooting steps.

Unterminated ports on splitters can cause issues. Poorly applied connectors are another source of problems.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes
Jrmst259
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried suggestions. Still freezing.  Regular TV. Dvr recording. Paused tv.