Fios TV One boxes compatible with Verizon G1100 Router?
petmic10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a current Verizon Fios Triple Play subscriber for the last 10 years. I would like to upgrade to Fios One(4K) boxes only. I spoke to a customer service rep who advised me I need the newest Verizon Router(G3100) to work with the new boxes for $15 a month rental charge.  Something didn't sound right. Based on my research it seems the G1100 that I have does work.

I have these two boxes currently connected via coax.

1) QIP7232-P2

2) QIP7100

I want to replace them with new Fios One(4K) boxes without changing my plan.

I just want to confirm if my current Verizon router(G1100) is compatible with the new boxes?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One boxes compatible with Verizon G1100 Router?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@petmic10 wrote:

I'm a current Verizon Fios Triple Play subscriber for the last 10 years. I would like to upgrade to Fios One(4K) boxes only. I spoke to a customer service rep who advised me I need the newest Verizon Router(G3100) to work with the new boxes for $15 a month rental charge.  Something didn't sound right. Based on my research it seems the G1100 that I have does work.

1) QIP7232-P2

2) QIP7100

I just want to confirm if my current Verizon router(G1100) is compatible with the new boxes?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the G1100 router IS compatible with the Fios One boxes. They push the 3100 because it IS faster and has better wifi reach than the 1100, but if it is working for you, might as well use it.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@petmic10 wrote:

1) QIP7232-P2

2) QIP7100

Thanks in advance.

Yes the G1100 router IS compatible with the Fios One boxes. They push the 3100 because it IS faster and has better wifi reach than the 1100, but if it is working for you, might as well use it.

whsbuss

How do you force them to not sell the router.... I chatted with them and they said they cannot upgrade without the new router

0 Likes
petmic10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was stern with the service rep. I didn't even give them a chance to push the new router. I told them I know it's compatible. Verizon's own website states it is. In my situation the new cable boxes were a direct swap connected with coaxial cables. Easy swap, screw in the coaxial cables, hdmi to tv, plug the box for power and follow the on screen prompts. 

I did pay the $50 upgrade fee though.