Fios TV One Mini & Ethernet?
parker81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know if you can connect the new Fios TV One mini boxes via ethernet? 

Im using one now with WiFi, but the signal isn’t strong enough so the picture keeps freezing. I have Ethernet behind the wall that I can use to connect, it’s connected to the router in the basement, but I don’t want to go through the hassle of pulling it out and terminating the cable if the mini box doesn’t work with Ethernet. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One Mini & Ethernet?
parker81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind, I just realized you need to shut off the WiFi connection in settings, which reboots the mini box, then it uses the Ethernet connection. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it does.

parker81
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you need to do anything one it’s connexted to Ethernet? 

I just connected it but it’s still using the WiFi instead of the Ethernet connection. 

0 Likes
parker81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind, I just realized you need to shut off the WiFi connection in settings, which reboots the mini box, then it uses the Ethernet connection. 

astroidb612

Did you have to do anything to the main box?  I just tried this and got an error message that it was unable to find a network connection.  I rebooted again after disconnecting the ethernet cable and it connected right back to wifi.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your setup? Is Ethernet from IPC connecting into the router switch ports?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes