Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels

Message 41 of 71
(1,979 Views)

If I don't care about having the Wii audio coming out of the Logitech speakers, can I just leave the Wii component cables plugged into the TV and have the TV speakers output the Wii audio?

clem53
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Message 42 of 71
(1,955 Views)

@ari2419 wrote:

If I don't care about having the Wii audio coming out of the Logitech speakers, can I just leave the Wii component cables plugged into the TV and have the TV speakers output the Wii audio?

Yep, as long as you run a pair of audio cables to the TV from the Wii and have them go to the Component input too.

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 43 of 71
(1,893 Views)

That's how I have it connected now, but the Wii audio does come through the Logitech speakers.  I assume that's because I have the optical cable going from the tv to the Logitech speakers? I take it once I get the adapter, and move the optical cable going from the adapter to the Logitech speakers that won't work. 

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 44 of 71
(1,872 Views)

@ari2419 wrote:

That's how I have it connected now, but the Wii audio does come through the Logitech speakers.  I assume that's because I have the optical cable going from the tv to the Logitech speakers? I take it once I get the adapter, and move the optical cable going from the adapter to the Logitech speakers that won't work. 

Get another optical cable when you buy the adapter. The Logitech will accept 2 optical ins, so you have one coming from the adapter, the other from the TV which sends audio from the Wii through the TV the way it is now. You choose audio source on the front panel or remote of the Logitech box.

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 45 of 71
(1,835 Views)

You're right... just ordered one.  

Really appreciate your help.  While some of this seems basic, talking through it helps a lot.  Thanks!

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 46 of 71
(1,826 Views)

@ari2419 wrote:

You're right... just ordered one.  

Really appreciate your help.  While some of this seems basic, talking through it helps a lot.  Thanks!

Just took another look at the box you ordered, you may run into an HDCP issue. The Fios boxes usually need to see HDCP2.2, the box you ordered specifically states NOT 2.2 compatible. I'm not sure but if you set the FIOS box up to ONLY output 1080i, you may be ok. Just don't be too surprised if you don't get video out of the box. Just a heads up, a bit late. Or it just might work as we hoped! If not, this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/NEWCARE-Extractor-Converter-Optical-Adapter/dp/B083DDGGZ4/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1...

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 47 of 71
(1,813 Views)

So, I'll know I have an HDCP issue if I don't have a tv picture?

clem53
Platinum Contributor I

Message 48 of 71
(1,789 Views)

@ari2419 wrote:

So, I'll know I have an HDCP issue if I don't have a tv picture?

If you first set the Fios box to 1080i, and then connect the converter box you have a good chance of having it work. If you get no picture after hooking up the Fios box through the converter, you probably have an HDCP issue and have to get a different converter box. Not necessarily going to happen, just a heads up.

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 49 of 71
(1,764 Views)

Alright,  well... it's from Amazon, so not a big deal if I need to buy a different box.

ari2419
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 50 of 71
(1,672 Views)

Just was re-reading the info for the product I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XBSGFDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says...

If your source device is 4K@60hz(HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2),please set up the resolution to 4K@30hz or 1080p@60hz to use this HDMI audio extractor.

How to set the resolution to fit our HDMI audio extractor:

a). Connect your "4k@60hz HDMI 2.0 input device" directly to the TV

b). Then go to "setting-picture-resolution(choose "Auto")-then go to "HDMI Color Fomat"(choose "Auto")

So it looks like I can leave it on 1080p in the Fios video settings?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title