Re: FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

Just was re-reading the info for the product I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XBSGFDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says...

If your source device is 4K@60hz(HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2),please set up the resolution to 4K@30hz or 1080p@60hz to use this HDMI audio extractor.

How to set the resolution to fit our HDMI audio extractor:

a). Connect your "4k@60hz HDMI 2.0 input device" directly to the TV

b). Then go to "setting-picture-resolution(choose "Auto")-then go to "HDMI Color Fomat"(choose "Auto")

So it looks like I can leave it on 1080p in the Fios video settings?

Shouldn't be a problem then. When I looked at the page on Amazon it said in bold letters "NOT HDCP2.2 COMPATIBLE". Guess they changed the specs since that was written.

Bwangster12

Yeah, it's weird... I see where you read it's not compatible... but lower down the page it says what I wrote.  My TV isn't 4k, but I guess we will see.

I also see that it says its not compatible with Netflix... so I wonder if it won't work on for Netflix on Channel 838.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

Yeah, it's weird... I see where you read it's not compatible... but lower down the page it says what I wrote.  My TV isn't 4k, but I guess we will see.

I also see that it says its not compatible with Netflix... so I wonder if it won't work on for Netflix on Channel 838.

I have a feeling that Netflix issue is with Netflix apps, not the same as the Verizon Netflix channel.

Bwangster12

Alright, so the device works and my Logitech speakers say Digital... however, the Netflix channel shows no audio input and I get no sound.  Is the thinking that one of these other extractors would work for Netflix? Is this an HDCP 2.2 thing? 

0 Likes
Bwangster12

Or is it a Dolby Digital Plus issue. Looks like that's what Netflix streams in.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

Alright, so the device works and my Logitech speakers say Digital... however, the Netflix channel shows no audio input and I get no sound.  Is the thinking that one of these other extractors would work for Netflix? Is this an HDCP 2.2 thing? 

Can't say for sure, could be , but I doubt you'd be seeing video if it eas an HDCP issue. Probably more like the DD+ not working with the adapter. Does your TV have Netflix built in? Or a Bluray player? Try one of them and see if you get the same issue. Also try going into the service menu in the Fios box and change audio to LPCM.

0 Likes
Bwangster12

I have a Roku Ultra connected to the TV, and with that I can get Dolby Pro Logic II... But not the Digital signal.  So I guess that's better than nothing.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

I have a Roku Ultra connected to the TV, and with that I can get Dolby Pro Logic II... But not the Digital signal.  So I guess that's better than nothing.

Did you try LPCM in the service menu on the Fios box? Do you get DD5.1 from CBS or HBO?

0 Likes
Bwangster12

When I change it to LPCM I lose the digital signal.  I do get it on Passthrough or Auto, but Netflix audio doesn't work on either.  Interestingly, when I put on YouTube 837, the Logitech speakers go from Digital to Dolby Pro Logic II, presumably because it seems there is no digital signal. It feels like because Netflix is putting out a DD+ signal it just goes to no audio.

I can't figure out if it's because speakers don't support DD+, the TV or the extractor... And a different extractor would at least give me sound. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

When I change it to LPCM I lose the digital signal.  I do get it on Passthrough or Auto, but Netflix audio doesn't work on either.  Interestingly, when I put on YouTube 837, the Logitech speakers go from Digital to Dolby Pro Logic II, presumably because it seems there is no digital signal. It feels like because Netflix is putting out a DD+ signal it just goes to no audio.

I can't figure out if it's because speakers don't support DD+, the TV or the extractor... And a different extractor would at least give me sound. 

Well then, I'd say your best bet is to leave it on passthrough, and not worry too much for now. I know it's always good to get what your equipment is capable of, but sometimes it's more problematic than its worth. And I know Verizon is working on audio issues so just hang in there.

0 Likes